johnyanu

tree stands

10 minutes ago, Buck154 said:

Ladder, hang on or climber?

whatever is cheaper this is my first year hunting with a bow. And not that hard to set up

Id  get a 16’ single ladder stand, you have to assemble but flip over lock bottom rung to base of tree and walk it up, then tie two tag lines around tree to a bottom rung in a “X” pattern, carefully climb and put ratchet strap around top part to tree. Also there’s a support that flips up off ladder rung to tree. I like them nice and stable wear a harness to be safe when hunting.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, johnyanu said:

Best low price tree stands for bow hunting?

What's your price range and location..  sportsmans guide has a stand n stick cambo for 65 bucks..  climbers range from 80 to 400..  I like the x stand I have the sit n climb at 11 lbs it's great and can be had for 150 ish..  all depends..  if you just want somthing to get started and are in the Tom's river area I have some pegs and a stand.

• Like 1

If you want to hunt multiple locations with a single stand, then ladder stands are out of the question.  You then have to decide between (1) climber; (2) hang on w/ sticks.  A climber will be easier to set up and generally more comfortable.  But, you are limited to trees w/o branches (or rather you can only go as high as the first branch that you can't remove).  This can be quite limiting.  If I had to work with a single stand, I'd go with a hang on and sticks.  

For sticks you got 3 popular options:  (i) lone wolf; (ii) hawk helium; (iii) muddy.  They all have their advantages / disadvantages, but I prefer lone wolf.  I go with a set of 4 sticks.  In terms of light weight hang on stands, I'd look at:

Lone Wolf, XOP, and millenium (m60u / m7)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vdep217 said:

What's your price range and location..  sportsmans guide has a stand n stick cambo for 65 bucks..  climbers range from 80 to 400..  I like the x stand I have the sit n climb at 11 lbs it's great and can be had for 150 ish..  all depends..  if you just want somthing to get started and are in the Tom's river area I have some pegs and a stand.

My dad living in lbi My price rang its 100- 200 Im only 15 so my price rang is not that high

Climbers are not cheap for most part

Ladder stands are not bad priced but heavy to set up

A hang on stand is probably the cheapest you can get with many different kinds,sizes and price range. 

I hear a lot about the millennium treestands but never had one

Lone Wolf are great along with their climbing stick, what I have

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Buck154 said:

Climbers are not cheap for most part

Ladder stands are not bad priced but heavy to set up

A hang on stand is probably the cheapest you can get with many different kinds,sizes and price range. 

I hear a lot about the millennium treestands but never had one

Lone Wolf are great along with their climbing stick, what I have

Thanks for the help

Id stay away from extremely cheap stands. Bought a few years ago and they broke 1st time using them. Never again
Now all I buy at millenium, muddy, chippewa

I'm actually clearing out some of my stands..
These need straps.. sold as is for $20 each.
(These are not the ones that I had break- those are long gone) lol20190908_162725.jpg20190908_162738.jpg

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JerseyJaysTaxidermy said:

Id stay away from extremely cheap stands. Bought a few years ago and they broke 1st time using them. Never again
Now all I buy at millenium, muddy, chippewa

I'm actually clearing out some of my stands..
These need straps.. sold as is for $20 each.
(These are not the ones that I had break- those are long gone) lol20190908_162725.jpg20190908_162738.jpg

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

what comes with it if i buy it

XOP vanish is basically the same exact thing as the lone wolf but much easier on the wallet. I have one and it’s great, it’s adjustable for crooked trees! Lone wolf sticks are very expensive with alternating steps, hunters now are gravitating towards hawk helium’s with double steps at close than half the price of lone wolfs. Alternating steps can get tricky when you get to the top to put stand up and try to step in if you didn’t start off on the right foot, so to speak.