Ken Beam

Bringing back the 80`s! – Watch Ken Beam dust off his 37 year old bow from 1982!

Whelp I have not hunted with a Bow and Arrow since suffering that massive heart attack three years ago…….. and now I`ve decided give `er hell and have a go at it.

I`m an old-school Bow Hunter and for the life of me, I cannot get comfortable using a Bow Release, as I have always shot with my fingers. So I dug out my very first Compound Bow that I ever bought in 1982 when I was 19 years old! This relic of a Bow, has not seen daylight in over 30 years!

*Watch me re-fletch arrows and actually shoot this 37 year old Bow that has been put away since 1982!

**Click the link below to watch this cool, little Video that I shot;

https://adventureswithken.com/bringing-back-the-80s-watch-ken-beam-dust-off-his-37-year-old-bow-from-1982-nj-bowhunting/

Good luck to all of you this deer season! Be safe

Ken-

Ken Beam -NJ Outdoorsman bowhunting.jpg

Edited by Ken Beam
"Caps" correction
  • Like 6

29 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

So much for everyone telling me I need to change my string and cables every couple years :D

(Always love the hat!)

Hey thanks mazzgolf - Yea that is the original string & cables......... nothin` wrong with them at all. I have shot the bow at least 60 times in the last few days. No worries..........at all. Good to go! 

29 minutes ago, Northjerseyoutdoorsman said:

Good luck with it Ken. Hope you get a good one with it this year

Likewise Northjerseyoutdoorsman......and you as well. Thank you. 

22 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

Alot to be said bout doing it Old School!!  Or.....the Tred Barta way!!  

Good luck w those 2117's!!!

Indeed there is in my book as well Bonefreak............ Best of luck to you as well! 

11 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

So much for everyone telling me I need to change my string and cables every couple years :D

(Always love the hat!)

I think the change of the string is like changing oil every 2 miles:-) 

i have a Hoyt I hunted hard for 7 years. Then it was just sitting there fir the next 5. I shot it last Sunday and it shoots like the first day I got it

Edited by Lunatic
  • Like 1

That is cool! Good luck with it:up:

I wish I still had my  first bow, it was a Bear Whitetail II. I let someone who I don't speak to anymore use it when he was new to hunting and never got it back(over 20 years ago)

Edited by 3Blade
  • Like 1