IGNORED

Best ground blind for the money

MikeStaten

Cabela's is having a sale on their blinds now

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

2 hours ago, johnyanu said:

I have 2 of these and they work good. 

Couple tips.....

For easier set up....there are 2 leg supports near door....slip them out of their holders......set up all other walls & roof....then put door leg supports in there holders at door n set up door wall......much easier than dancing around in the woods in The dark w a half collapsed camo blind lookin like a monkey trying to f*^K a football!!

Also, the issue with most ground blinds is, visibility......but u don't want to open up all the windows to their maximum which allows too much light in ....then u and movement can be seen.......

So I open windows to see 180 degrees of the woods, Windows will be half open....and since they draw down from the top.......i bring a black cloth sheet and binder clip it to top inside of the roof to block light coming into the blind near tops of windows....its the cheap Ocean County way of getting around buying a $400 Double Bull  Blind!!

4 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

I have 2 of these and they work good. 

Couple tips.....

For easier set up....there are 2 leg supports near door....slip them out of their holders......set up all other walls & roof....then put door leg supports in there holders at door n set up door wall......much easier than dancing around in the woods in The dark w a half collapsed camo blind lookin like a monkey trying to f*^K a football!!

Also, the issue with most ground blinds is, visibility......but u don't want to open up all the windows to their maximum which allows too much light in ....then u and movement can be seen.......

So I open windows to see 180 degrees of the woods, Windows will be half open....and since they draw down from the top.......i bring a black cloth sheet and binder clip it to top inside of the roof to block light coming into the blind near tops of windows....its the cheap Ocean County way of getting around buying a $400 Double Bull  Blind!!

Im hunting from that one this week its a good blinds.

I've lost ground blinds due to weather, theft, dead falls, and bears... Although I have one good Ameristep one and a cheap collapsible one, I've started building them using branches, boulders and dead falls.  I've stuffed leaves into tightly packed branches, scattered dirt and top soil (from bags) in them, thrown down different seeds and moss, and now I have some pretty decent blinds in good spots.. I leave some milk crates in them.  the dominant winds hit them and no one is walking away with them.  Also, it makes set up a breeze in the dark. 

"God bless America and the 2nd Amendment!" 

www.NorthJerseyMike.com

UBNJ Member

OLM Knights of Columbus, Kinnelon, NJ

3 hours ago, Mixbaghunter said:

I use the dog house you can pick one up for 60 . A little  small for 2 big guys .but go for dad and little  one.

I bought the 

Dog house in 2017. It was easy to set up and it kept me dry on the 2018 PA opener! There is no floor in this one and be sure to bring a sturdy high back chair for long sits.

All I use is the Dog house .I have 3 out right now a good chair can make the difference between a good day and bad.  I use a little buddy heater in the winter no more cold feet. I did have my 16 teen year old in it with me last year and it was a little awkward. But we are both around 6 ft and I am not a small guy .