BowhunterNJ

MEMBER REVIEWS: 2019 Cell Cams

So I thought I'd kick off a topic amidst the recent poaching incident captured on a cell cam, and ask members their current take for 2019 on cell cams they have a strong recommendation on based on research or direct experience (could be prior year cams).

A few things to post/consider:

1. What do you like about the cam?
  2. What do you dislike about the cam?
  3. What's your average cost per month and respective number pictures it covers?
  • Like 1

Can’t really comment because don’t personally own one but I can say to your question...

#1 I like the ability they give to bust poachers with immediate notification

• Agree 1

I plan on purchasing some for here in NJ and in Virginia. So, it would be nice to see some comments

I have a friend with spy point evo..  he loves it I'm going to get one as well 

• Like 1

I am also interested in getting info on them and jumpin on the bandwagon of such effective and efficient scouting technology.....and anti poaching technology!!!

• Like 1

Btw nnb6624......what is the technology of how ur cam caught his scummy mug....but he didn't notice the red light.... or anything else???!!!

I run three Spartans. Almost instant notification to your phone. Helps to keep you in the woods if deer are moving. Pics are pretty good for email. I use rechargable batteries to extend time between changes. Sometimes as little as two weeks depending on cold and amount of pictures.

I also run the Cuddelink system. I have the cell cam set to send pics every hour. Excellent pics, trigger speed, and battery life.

Edited by electric10162
  • Like 2

I run 10 Covert cell cams. 7 2018 models and 3 2019. 

I have been using the coverts since 2012 and the earlier models had some issues for sure but I have not had a single issue with any of these.  I love the HQ picture option without having to pull the card.  I usually get anywhere from 20-25k pics every three months so they get a work out.  I run them on 12 volt batteries and usually get A month out of them.  I think they charge me $175 every three months when I have them all up but usually on run all 10 for 6 months and that is for almost 30k pictures. 

• Like 2

Like Jacko said, I think that stock in Spartan cams will double by the end of the week.....Especially after the recent postings on this site! :rofl::up:

• Haha 1

I recently bought the cuddelink system this year. I pay $10 for approx 700-800 pictures to be sent per month. If I go over 800 it is $5 for additional 1000 I only have two cams now. Works pretty good so far. Cell phone cam has been out since april and is still on the original batteries. The linked cam I put out recently with lithiums. I like the pictures so far. I have it set to send pics when it gets 5 between the cameras. No poachers yet.

Edited by KBfishing
  • Like 1

So I thought I'd kick off a topic amidst the recent poaching incident captured on a cell cam, and ask members their current take for 2019 on cell cams they have a strong recommendation on based on research or direct experience (could be prior year cams).
A few things to post/consider:
  1. What do you like about the cam?
  2. What do you dislike about the cam?
  3. What's your average cost per month and respective number pictures it covers?

Great question. I will be following this since I’m interested in buying one of these.

Like the micro link so far. 4k pics in a month using lithium batteries and the power still hasn't gone down off 100%. I have it set to send me pictures twice a day. The first few days I had it set to send right away each picture and it woke me up all night. I also like the filters. I can click on the buck filter and it will only show buck picture. The filter works pretty well done times if a buck is real small it won't catch it but if it is a avg buck it will. 10$ per month for unlimited if you get the year plan slightly more if you go month to month.

Screenshot_20190910-225010.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

Btw nnb6624......what is the technology of how ur cam caught his scummy mug....but he didn't notice the red light.... or anything else???!!!

There is no visible light or flash 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rgw said:

Like the micro link so far. 4k pics in a month using lithium batteries and the power still hasn't gone down off 100%. I have it set to send me pictures twice a day. The first few days I had it set to send right away each picture and it woke me up all night. I also like the filters. I can click on the buck filter and it will only show buck picture. The filter works pretty well done times if a buck is real small it won't catch it but if it is a avg buck it will. 10$ per month for unlimited if you get the year plan slightly more if you go month to month.

Screenshot_20190910-225010.png

Menu looks exactly like the Vosker V200 cell cam I just purchased. More geared toward security, it has the ability to detect humans, vehicles and anything else a normal trailcam will pick up. 

I also run 2 coverts. Not really a fan of their customer service. Took me 3 days to get someone on the phone with a recent issue. 

I also run 2 Reconyx cell cams. 

1 is used for trailcam, the othe is a license plate capture camera used for security. 

The Reconyx are the best as far as trigger speed. 

The license plate cam can get plates at 70 mph in the dark. 

Best customer service you will find. 

The down side is they are more than double the cost. 

• Like 1