IGNORED

TARGET BUCK DOWN!!!!

nb6624

9 minutes ago, kanigie said:

Please keep us posted.

Good chance this will drag out a while,3 months.He'll probably use some lame reason for a postponement. First court appearance,not guilty need to obtain a lawyer.

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

2 hours ago, DV1 said:

Umm, this might not go over well but...I think many of you are getting very carried away. I don't know the guy, don't want to know the guy, and think what he did sucks, and he should be fined appropriately.

Yes, sucks for the guy who was working on killing the buck legally, but the calls by many here for some really horrible, life-destroying things to happen to the guy for what many of the same members often refer to as "just a deer" or "just a set of horns", is amazing. 

I have to wonder, with all the posts, all the time here about how people put too much emphasis on antlers, and they are "just a set of antlers", or it's "just a deer", sentiments expressed by many members here, for as long as I've been here, people are pretty much wishing all but death...maybe even death...on a guy who poached "just a deer" with "just a set of antlers".  Even comparing what he did to rape and murder...but it's "just a deer", right?

It's funny too because right in this very thread, there are many posts lamenting what lengths people will go to for "just a deer" or "a set of antlers", yet the same people are calling for this guys life and business to be destroyed over "just a deer" or "a set of antlers". If we really thought that too much emphasis is being put on antlers and trophy hunting, and it's just a deer, or just a set of antlers, would we really be so mad... blood boiling as some put it...and calling for such drastic, life-altering penalties over "just a deer"?

Makes me wonder how many people who post about how antlers don't mean much, or wish for simpler times when people didn't put so much emphasis on trophy hunting or antlers, really feel that way, or are they just posting what they think is popular at the moment. Because it sure seems everyone here is pretty fired up over "just a deer" and "a set of antlers".

Think about it, every year, there are many reports about guy's killing a buck illegally, or sharing a doe for EAB, or not killing one but saying they did so, to hunt an early season buck (I dare say some member's here have either done as much, or know people they call "friends" who have, and they just let it go), yet I don't see calls for life-destroying measures, or comparing it to rape and murder. It's the same act, the only differences is the set of antlers on this one. 

Not defending what the guy did, not even close,  just trying to reduce the blood-boiling because some of you have completely lost your mind over "just a deer", and a deer you weren't even hunting. 

I don't think you understand what hunters mean by when they say its not about the antlers. I am one of them. I love every minute in the woods. I don't hunt bucks, I hunt deer but when buck I like shows up I take him and believe me when I do my great day in the woods is even more special. Every one of us would take this deer, parade his pictures on this site and be proud of him. That does not mean hunting is all about antlers to us.

When buck is on your property is yours to take. By luck or hard work, usually both , you have the exclusive right to take him. No way no how should we not ridicule this guy for being a thief. If someone broke into my house and took my TV you better believe I would make sure my entire neighborhood knew who he was and I would press all possible charges, although I don't care for TV, I almost never watch it.  Saying life is about what you do, not about what you have does not mean come over and take what you have.

There are reasons why we should plaster this guys name all over the place and make him as uncomfortable as  possible. Its a deterrent.  It also shows non-hunters we are not criminals and we stand united and we do not tolerate criminals among us. The laws are not strong enough to stop these scumbags from doing this so we need to step in and do our part.

Is it a bigger crime because its a big buck? Is it hypocrisy for me to say yes? I don't think so. Even the law considers the value of what you steal, or the size of the buck you poached, when dishing out  the punishment.

Just my opinion.

Edited by Lunatic

50 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

There are reasons why we should plaster this guys name all over the place and make him as uncomfortable as  possible. Its a deterrent.  It also shows non-hunters we are not criminals and we stand united and we do not tolerate criminals among us. The laws are not strong enough to stop these scumbags from doing this so we need to step in and do our part.

That, right there.  Very well stated Loony! 

5 minutes ago, Huntress1234 said:

Wow such a gentleman...

I think we deserve your real story by now.  There's not a chance in Hell you aren't directly involved with this poacher in one way or another and nobody would just happen to begin posting on a huge hunting forum for the very first time tossing accusations at the OP while defending a guilty party.  Yes, I fully realize Joe Ciottariello is innocent in the eyes of the law until found guilty, but I'm not the law and he was caught literally red handed by law enforcement.  And any other new poster would run and never come back after being called all the names you have been so far.  Since you likely report in to Joe regularly, you should tell him to lay low and you should take that advice yourself.  You have absolutely no idea of the amount of back and forth behind the scenes goes on when something like this happens, and Joe's business reputation is now also on the line.  We may only represent 1% of the NJ population, but we know most of the other 99% collectively.  

So what's your real deal?  And if I'm just plain wrong, what do you hunt and where?  Seems most folks come on a site like this to discuss that and not to defend poachers......

4 hours ago, TDietz said:

and just like that.....nj's hunting season starts with a doooosh. what a taint. words can't describe the contempt I have for people like this

No kilbo and woodsman started it off very nicely let’s not forget 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈