nb6624

TARGET BUCK DOWN!!!!

lets be clear. 150' of occupied dwelling to HUNT, regardless of who owns property.  You can only "HUNT" during a hunting season.   To hunt on private property regardless of where dwelling is, need permission from landowner or be the landowner. "Written" permission is how the law reads, to hunt private property.   Whether or not "Nick" has "written" from landowner, is irrelevant because Nick was not hunting, nor is hunting season open.   There was only one lawbreaker yesterday  - the POACHER who shot a deer out of season (On purpose- with full intent)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

3 minutes ago, Huntress1234 said:

Correct

We all know he intended and hunting the baited area which is within the illegal distance of five different homes which I doubt he has permission of all five homeowners

1. So you don't actually know if he even has permission, but you are calling it illegal?  Interesting approach, you can see how some may balk at that.
  2. Also how do you know exactly where his stand is?
  3. Baiting a location doesn't mean you have to hunt that location.  So there is nothing illegal about baiting within 150 ft of an occupied dwelling, you just can't bowhunt within 150 ft of an occupied dwelling

11 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

The only reason Huntress1234 is still here and not banned is because this is an educational opportunity for whomever that person is.  Banning him/her (sorry I'm identifying you please don't be offended) loses the opportunity for him/her to learn and he/she will continue his/her assault on legal hunters (possibly harassing, etc).  So take this opportunity to educate versus attack.

This moron is going to resist all attempts at education.  He/she has made up his/her mind and facts are irrelevant.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Huntress1234 said:

Concerned neighbor

It's okay to be concerned, but learn the law before making emotionally-charged accusations.

If Nick were breaking the law, he'd be sanctioned by the law.  Since he has not broken the law, there is no sanction.

You should actually thank him, because his cameras identified the person breaking the law.  That law that you are so concerned about in the first place.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

We all know he intended and hunting the baited area which is within the illegal distance of five different homes which I doubt he has permission of all five homeowners
Truth is- 150ft is only 50 yards.. 50 yards is only 50 large steps.
And he might have been working on getting permission from them if he didnt already have permission..
He is not illegal until he loads his arrow onto his string without the permission needed.
Also- he would need to be elevated to be legal. But again- all the intent in the world means nothing if he wasnt caught in the act.
He didnt hunt there without the permission needed.. he might already have permission. Or he might have been planning to get it from whoever needed this month.. maybe he didnt wanna bother until he knew the buck he was after would still be around come opening day.
Fact is- you are assuming alot, and shouldn't.
Nothing illegal about baiting a deer before the season opens, no matter how close to anyone's house.

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JerseyJaysTaxidermy said:

Truth is- 150ft is only 50 yards.. 50 yards is only 50 large steps.
And he might have been working on getting permission from them if he didnt already have permission..
He is not illegal until he loads his arrow onto his string without the permission needed.
Also- he would need to be elevated to be legal. But again- all the intent in the world means nothing if he wasnt caught in the act.
He didnt hunt there without the permission needed.. he might already have permission. Or he might have been planning to get it from whoever needed this month.. maybe he didnt wanna bother until he knew the buck he was after would still be around come opening day.
Fact is- you are assuming alot, and shouldn't.
Nothing illegal about baiting a deer before the season opens, no matter how close to anyone's house.

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

Way too much for her/him to comprehend. It believes there are 5 houses within 50 large steps from the bait pile. 

1 hour ago, Huntress1234 said:

The fact of the matter is, none of you had the balls to do what he did even though he was wrong you all wished you could have shot the deer. As evidence shows there's more than 5 homes with in 450 ft and that makes where the deer was shot illegal to everyone even the scumbag who had the cameras in the woods. leading back to my original statement there was more than one scumbag trying to kill this deer illegally. So with cameras and bait piles in the woods someone I was planning on killing this deer illegally. so the reality is you're condemning this person for killing this deer before you had the chance to kill a  illegally yourself.

tenor.gif?itemid=11751136

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Huntress1234 said:

The original lawbreaker name is Nick by baiting the deer into an illegal spot to be hunted illegally. Do not know who the poacher is

tenor.gif?itemid=13732712

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Nomad said:

Hopefully this will clarify things for you.

3043f85ed0eb53f4b93913921c4f828a.gif

It's his fortune cookie translated, "You dumbass! You go to jail now!"

Edited by Tarhunt
  • Haha 2

Umm, this might not go over well but...I think many of you are getting very carried away. I don't know the guy, don't want to know the guy, and think what he did sucks, and he should be fined appropriately.

Yes, sucks for the guy who was working on killing the buck legally, but the calls by many here for some really horrible, life-destroying things to happen to the guy for what many of the same members often refer to as "just a deer" or "just a set of horns", is amazing. 

I have to wonder, with all the posts, all the time here about how people put too much emphasis on antlers, and they are "just a set of antlers", or it's "just a deer", sentiments expressed by many members here, for as long as I've been here, people are pretty much wishing all but death...maybe even death...on a guy who poached "just a deer" with "just a set of antlers".  Even comparing what he did to rape and murder...but it's "just a deer", right?

It's funny too because right in this very thread, there are many posts lamenting what lengths people will go to for "just a deer" or "a set of antlers", yet the same people are calling for this guys life and business to be destroyed over "just a deer" or "a set of antlers". If we really thought that too much emphasis is being put on antlers and trophy hunting, and it's just a deer, or just a set of antlers, would we really be so mad... blood boiling as some put it...and calling for such drastic, life-altering penalties over "just a deer"?

Makes me wonder how many people who post about how antlers don't mean much, or wish for simpler times when people didn't put so much emphasis on trophy hunting or antlers, really feel that way, or are they just posting what they think is popular at the moment. Because it sure seems everyone here is pretty fired up over "just a deer" and "a set of antlers".

Think about it, every year, there are many reports about guy's killing a buck illegally, or sharing a doe for EAB, or not killing one but saying they did so, to hunt an early season buck (I dare say some member's here have either done as much, or know people they call "friends" who have, and they just let it go), yet I don't see calls for life-destroying measures, or comparing it to rape and murder. It's the same act, the only differences is the set of antlers on this one. 

Not defending what the guy did, not even close,  just trying to reduce the blood-boiling because some of you have completely lost your mind over "just a deer", and a deer you weren't even hunting. 

Edited by DV1
  • Like 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

For the OP, sorry that happened to you but, as unique as this buck would have been to kill, I'm sure it is even more rare to catch the guy in the manner you did, so, that's a pretty big win, and trophy in it's own right. You're a slayer, you'll find, and kill another big buck, probably many more. This "catch" was pretty wild. Congrats. 

• Like 3
  • Winner 1