nb6624

TARGET BUCK DOWN!!!!

UPDATE:   Poacher identified as Joseph Ciottariello of Rockaway, NJ

Unfortunately i didnt kill it, but my Spartan camera caught a total scumbag illegally poaching and cutting his head off!

So the back story,,ive been watching this giant since last season and have been getting great pics of him all summer. As i was out shooting my bow i got a picture on my camera of deer legs..i was sure what to make of it..but the next picture confirmed a low life trespassing in camo and crossbow. So i notified fish and wildlife and they met me at the property.  We walked in and caught the poacher red handed as he was cutting the head off this magnificent buck. The rest will be public information when he has his day in court. I hope this story spreads like wildfire and this creep is publicly humiliated.  And as a lesson to other poachers that are out there doing the same thing. I was planning on filming my hunt and now this total dirtbag killed him 3 weeks early. What waste and an insult to the sport.

105250.jpeg

105304.jpeg

104338.jpeg

20190909_220224.jpg

The story:

[nb6624] at Red Zone Outdoors faced one of a hunter's worst nightmares and was able to see justice thanks to his Spartan Camera. Read the full story below:

"I was hunting a big deer on private land and slowly counting down the days until the opener. The spot was in suburban New Jersey and unfortunately, I feared that this would happen. After I secured landowner's permission, I set up my Ghost cam in a hole of a dead tree so nobody would steal it. After getting numerous pictures of the deer all summer I felt certain I would be able to harvest him within the first few days of the season on film.

Then last night while I was practicing with my bow, I got a Spartan notification on my phone showing the back legs of a deer lying on the ground. At first, I thought he was bedded under my camera until I got a picture of the lowlife in camo with a crossbow 2 weeks before the season opened. I immediately called my buddy who lived next door who went out to investigate. Meanwhile, I contacted The Fish and game. My buddy called me back and said he did not find anyone yet my Ghost camera was still sending me pictures.

We arrived at the scene and walked a public hiking trail to the area. At this time I illuminated the woods with a bright handheld spotlight and discovered every hunter's worst nightmare. The lowlife poacher was hiding under my Spartan camera cutting the head off the buck. I almost threw up. Being a New Jersey State Trooper, I had to control my anger and hope the judicial system has no mercy.

The Poacher received 6 summons and had his hunting equipment confiscated. He has now has a court date of Sept 30th. I hope this story reaches others who may be thinking about trespassing and poaching. If nothing else it will ruin the poacher's credibility and reputation forever."

• Like 4
  • Disturbing 4

Unreal!  Glad you caught that scumbag but it sucks you were never able to hunt and kill him legally.  Its crazy what people will do for some antlers.  Make an example out of him!!

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

Holy cow!!! Justice will be had on this one...hope he’s never allowed to set foot in the deer woods ever again 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Oh. My. God. I hope when all is said and done his name, picture and everything else becomes public knowledge. Was this on private property? I don’t know what else to say. Seasons not even open yet anywhere. Not that it matters, but it’s not the point. Do you have history with this POS?

• Like 1

Also what zone/township etc was this? I’m sure someone here knows who this worthless piece of shit is. It’s a small community 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Wow. It’s no consolation but thank god he went down directly in front of the camera so this guy got caught.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, birdshotnj said:

This guy should never be allowed to purchase a hunting license again

That's not going to stop him. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3