Ms Grit

NJ Woods & Water 2019-2020 Youth Deer Hunting Contest Teams & Entries

February 15, 2020 is the last day for Bow in the zones with more generous seasons.  I will give everyone through Saturday, February 22, 2020 for final entries.

• Like 2

Great!

Declan got a 6 pointer during the Great Swamp Youth hunt and he can upgrade his spike from earlier in the season.....I will post his harvest info this wk!

Thanks again Robin for all you do for this awesome & fun youth opportunity!!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

Great!

Declan got a 6 pointer during the Great Swamp Youth hunt and he can upgrade his spike from earlier in the season.....I will post his harvest info this wk!

Congratulations Declan !!!

• Like 1

On 2/17/2020 at 5:00 PM, Bonefreak said:

Great!

Just giving you a "Heads Up" . . . getting Declan's 6 pt posted will result in a tie for first place !!! You have until midnight on Saturday, February 22, 2020 to post the required information.

• Like 3

From the sign up page:

In case of a tie, the highest total number of antler points will decide the winner. If this does not resolve the tie, total number of bucks taken will be next. If this still does not decide, the winning team will be drawn from a hat.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Ms Grit said:

From the sign up page:

In case of a tie, the highest total number of antler points will decide the winner. If this does not resolve the tie, total number of bucks taken will be next. If this still does not decide, the winning team will be drawn from a hat.

Holy cow. The winning team would be drawn from a hat? How do you get all those kids into a hat? JK. Congrats to all the youth and great thanks to Robin for running the youth contest. 

Team #1

NJWW tag - Bonefreak

Youth-Declan

6 point buck

None of our hit list bucks showed up in the late season, so here is Declan's nice 6 pointer he harvested during the Great Swamp Youth Shotgun Hunt in November.....which will cull out his unicorn spike entry from earlier in the season!

The Great Swamp was some beautiful woods to hunt on a beautiful November fall day!

We got a late start after a flag football game, left TR around noon, and finally got settled at 2:30 in a cluster of beech trees, with fire-colored changing leaves....which proved to be good camo for our fluorescent orange ....as we were only able to get up about 10 ft high (crazy branch system and forgot handsaw!  Ugh)

The 6 ptr was the only deer we saw about a half hr before dark and he crossed a trail to our NW at about 40 yds.....I let out a mouth bleat....the deer stopped...and Declan put a good shot on him. Found him piled up 60 yds in the swamp after a good blood trail and that's where i got a nice pic of "Decie's Swamp Buck"!!

Proud day and special for me because this was the first deer he got while with me.....because he got the spike in bow season while with his uncle. 

We had a great season, spent countless hours of quality father/son time together, and he is growing up to be a a strong, knowledgeable, patient, appreciative, efficient and effective hunter!

Congrats to him and all the other youth hunters and their mentors for their quality time together and cherished memories!!

Below is the eye candy for our beloved Ms. Grit!!!  Thanks again Robin!!!

Screenshot_20200220-103830_Gallery.jpg

20191102_180957.jpg

20191102_153523.jpg

20191102_193930.jpg

Screenshot_20200220-174332_Gallery.jpg

20200220_194224.jpg

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

Team #1

NJWW tag - Bonefreak

Youth-Declan

6 point buck

None of our hit list bucks showed up in the late season, so here is Declan's nice 6 pointer he harvested during the Great Swamp Youth Shotgun Hunt in November.....which will cull out his unicorn spike entry from earlier in the season!

The Great Swamp was some beautiful woods to hunt on a beautiful November fall day!

We got a late start after a flag football game, left TR around noon, and finally got settled at 2:30 in a cluster of beech trees, with fire-colored changing leaves....which proved to be good camo for our fluorescent orange ....as we were only able to get up about 10 ft high (crazy branch system and forgot handsaw!  Ugh)

The 6 ptr was the only deer we saw about a half hr before dark and he crossed a trail to our NW at about 40 yds.....I let out a mouth bleat....the deer stopped...and Declan put a good shot on him. Found him piled up 60 yds in the swamp after a good blood trail and that's where i got a nice pic of "Decie's Swamp Buck"!!

Proud day and special for me because this was the first deer he got while with me.....because he got the spike in bow season while with his uncle. 

We had a great season, spent countless hours of quality father/son time together, and he is growing up to be a a strong, knowledgeable, patient, appreciative, efficient and effective hunter!

Congrats to him and all the other youth hunters and their mentors for their quality time together and cherished memories!!

Below is the eye candy for our beloved Ms. Grit!!!  Thanks again Robin!!!

Screenshot_20200220-103830_Gallery.jpg

20191102_180957.jpg

20191102_153523.jpg

20191102_193930.jpg

Screenshot_20200220-174332_Gallery.jpg

20200220_194224.jpg

Well done Declan and Adam. The Great Swamp is tough to hunt. Nice buck! 

To all that participated in the Youth hunt and season, job well done. Deer taken or not.

The times spent in the woods is the real trophy. Thanks Robin again for running an awesome contest for the kids!

• Like 3

I should have everything wrapped up by this week-end . . . going CRAZY at work right now . . .

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Ms Grit said:

I should have everything wrapped up by this week-end . . . going CRAZY at work right now . . .

Awesome Robin!!!

Thanks!!!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

Awesome Robin!!!

Thanks!!!

:agree:

6 hours ago, Ms Grit said:

No rush Robin. Let us know how or if we could help. I have some of the donated prizes for this that were given to me for distribution...

Edited by LPJR
  • Like 1