ChrisS

WTB gun cabinet or safe.

I’ve got three shotguns and a rimfire that I’d like to have a cabinet/safe for. I don’t have much room for the cabinet so I’m looking for something with a small footprint. Height is not an issue. I’d prefer to find something for as little as possible. Not opposed to Stack-On type cabinets. Let me know if you have something laying around not being used. Thanks!

Chris check Bjs they always have on sale.   If your not a member reach out I'll look for you..  if someone does have one chris is very easy to deal with and great communication with the transaction I had with him

25 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Chris check Bjs they always have on sale.   If your not a member reach out I'll look for you..  if someone does have one chris is very easy to deal with and great communication with the transaction I had with him

Thanks for the tip and the compliment! There’s a BJs close to me. I’ve never been there but I’ll check it out. 

Check tractor supply on line. I know they had a stack on 14 gun cabinet on clearance for 99.99. Free ship to store

Edited by Shootemthenmountem
  • Agree 1

I'm +1 on the Stack-On cabinets, too. I got one recently. Good enough to keep the curious out. Obviously, not fire rated and won't stop a determined thief, but it provides the security I was looking for:

https://www.stack-on.com/product/18-gun-security-cabinet/ 

You will easily fit 4 long guns in here - and you'll have the shelves on the one side so you can store your ammo and things.

I got mine on sale for 150 -- look for sales at places like Tractor Supply. I'm pretty sure they sell this or a similar cabinet.

Side note: think about buying one of these along with it:

https://www.eva-dry.com/product/e-333-renewable-dehumidifier/

You can get these on Amazon or Home Depot and  places like that.

I bought one of these and a small magnetic hook to hang it inside the cabinet. It's just a small dehumidifier to keep the moisture down in the cabinet -- it doesn't require batteries or electricity to work, and you can refresh it periodically (to refresh it, you do need to take it out and plug it in somewhere and let it sit overnight; in the morning, just hang it back in the cabinet).