She lost...

Bubblehead

Im sure most of you heard about the dumb broad that sued her parents for tuition to college. She moved out after her parents tried to make her follow some simple rules around the house then thought she was entitled to free school on their dime.  Well a judge ruled that she is indeed stupid. The good news for this silly hussie? she already looks like a stripper so she should have no problem putting her self through school while taking out her anger towards her father on the stage

http://www.nj.com/morris/index.ssf/2014/03/judge_issues_ruling_in_teens_suit_against_parents.html

It aint over.. That was just an emrgent hearing..  There will be a full trial before a final ruling and i can tell you with a great degree of certainty, with the NJ law being like it is and the governments " people who work should pay for people who dont " policies, those poor parents are going to have to pay...  They may not have to pay for college but they WILL have to pay for her support... bank it... :cupcoffee:

It aint over.. That was just an emrgent hearing..  There will be a full trial before a final ruling and i can tell you with a great degree of certainty, with the NJ law being like it is and the governments " people who work should pay for people who dont " policies, those poor parents are going to have to pay...  They may not have to pay for college but they WILL have to pay for her support... bank it... :cupcoffee:

In today's world I wouldn't doubt.  What bothers me the most is at 18 you are an adult according to law. Well, at least males are considered on their own. Whatever happened to the constitution and rights? Everything is getting clouded and watered down.

What you thought you owned you don't, what you thought you earned and was yours you don't and now, when you think you are an adult and legally on your own, you are not. WTF?

I hope you dont doubt it cause its a reality.. In this State the COURTS have taken it upon themselves to decide you are legally obligated to not only support your child beyond the age of 18 but, you are also REQUIRED to pay for their college education.. Failure to do so will land you in jail until you do... There is not  a "law" per se requiring this... Again, Its just something the judicial system empowered itself to impose on parents... Now, the parents MAY be able to get out of paying for the college because the courts have been so gracious enough to grant us a right to be involved in college selection process and "her" parents were clearly left out of that process but.. Givin the Judicial systems track record on such issues dont be to surprised if they rule in her favor anyway...

And as far as whatever happend to the constitution, well, we all pretty much know this state does not recognize it.. They say its for our own good..  Thats the same attitute the Chinese and Russian governments have towards their peoples. ..

Edited by Axiom

:rofl: .. Deja Vu............I've been banned from commenting on that article in the NJ.Com forum  after telling the moderator what i thought of him and his moderating skills... For some reason i got the impression he was Jakesbeard moonlighting... :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

" For some reason i got the impression he was Jakesbeard moonlighting" You know I have never heard a bad thing about John, you on the other hand, I have heard and seen plenty bad, and this site would be so much better without the likes of you.

Anonymous poster hash: d5cb9...54f

In every state in this country she is an adult and the parents will not be responsible any longer. You can sue anyone for just about anything it doesn't mean you will win.

You can legally be adjudicated an adult by the time your 16.....

The ONLY time a parent still has support duties is when a mother and father are separated and support is mandated by order, the child/adult MUST still live at home and be under the care of a parent. If a child leaves home after 18 the supporting parent is under no legal obligation to pay for college!

Ive been there and done that.... I still pay though because hes my son and he is a great kid who does what he is supposed to do....

Wow you aren't kidding, didn't know there was all of that to this.  The problem is she's 18, so not unlike any other person, she is an adult and on her own.  Now if she pursues the other accusations, that's something else that could have a lawsuit around it, but even these witnesses are questionable (unless I misread).  Why wouldn't these teachers call the police under these "abusive" conditions?  Aren't they required to?  No child services involved?  Nothing reported until now when she needs money for college?  And the only thing I read was that she didn't want to go into debt...no one does and plenty of us have!  The fact remains, in the capacity of your education, your parents don't "owe" you anything.  That's not to say they shouldn't help you, but it's not uncommon that they don't (whether you were abused or not)...even if they had the means to afford it.  That is their choice.

" For some reason i got the impression he was Jakesbeard moonlighting" You know I have never heard a bad thing about John, you on the other hand, I have heard and seen plenty bad, and this site would be so much better without the likes of you.

Your battle scars must run deep.. :ninja:

Anonymous poster hash: 4c64f...539

Anonymous poster hash: 4c64f...539

You know I have never heard a bad thing about John, you on the other hand, I have heard and seen plenty bad, and this site would be so much better without the likes of you.

Well, I dont really like responding to anonymous posts but since this is about ol' jake, i will.... I've heard AND SEEN plenty bad about him.. I dont know what circles you run in but, On my end most of the people i know, and alot of people i DONT know think he shouldnt be a moderator..some say he's an idiot,  most think he's too gullible and stupid.. Others think he's a drunkard.. I agree with all of them and am convinced the "dark side" would benefit from his departure, not that i really care.. Though i  personally aint involved in trying to have him relieved of his duties over there, i hear  many others  are.. in short, he MAY be  walk'n on thin ice and not even know it... Just say'n...