IGNORED

Fire pit progress

Swamp_Yankee

45 minutes ago, Septicdude said:

Dont be glassing that field in the back round.  Lol. Looking good.

🤣 My lab chased a decent looking six over the hedgerow to your side yesterday-you didn't whack him?  

44 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Nice work

Keeping it clean maybe a challenge

Thanks-I hit it with the backpack blower once a week and that seems to do the trick.

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

1 minute ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

🤣 My lab chased a decent looking six over the hedgerow to your side yesterday-you didn't whack him?  

Thanks-I hit it with the backpack blower once a week and that seems to do the trick.

You will find the way since you put so much work into it.

12 hours ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

Nothing I've done thus far would trigger the need for one-at least not out here.  I didn't build the deck, just did some repair and replacement and painted it.  I suppose you could make an argument that the hardscaped area is a "patio" and that a zoning permit might be needed.  In any event, the turkeys seemed be enjoying it this morning:

20190922_070758.jpg

On 9/3/2019 at 7:14 AM, Swamp_Yankee said:

😜) 🤣

Awesome. So that's why you built the pit.Planned ahead.Build it and they will come.lol(Need Fall Turkey,have fryer,gobblers need not apply..)

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Fired it up for the first time this weekend.  Unfortunately it was too damn hot Saturday night!  We made s'mores for my oldest daughter's birthday and once the fire got going and that 75lbs of steel got good and hot nobody wanted to be near it for too long :shock:.  It will be nice once we get deeper into the fall though.  I'll be sitting out there in February with beers packed in snow :up:

20190930_084212.thumb.jpg.e9e5cb63eaa19da32a88604e36d47718.jpg

20190930_084313.jpg

• 7 months later...
8 hours ago, Buckeyes11 said:

That looks great!!

Thanks-the lighting really does make it.  It's still not done as there are three posts that the string lights hang from and each has a light atop it.  I had to run electric from my toolshed underground to the post in the picture, up the side and into the light mount box.  The light mount box also serves as a junction box where the power comes in and is connected to the first post light, the string lights and the 14/2 cable (zip tied to the light string) that carries power to the other two lights.  The whole thing will be controlled from a smart switch and an Echo device in the shed as I get a strong WiFi signal out there (see my ongoing router-in-the-attic project below) so that we can just say "Alexa-turn on firepit lights."  

47 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Looks good:up:  Do you ever or much use the deck detached from the house like yours is?

Thanks!  We use it all the time.  Just inside the door on the little side porch is the kitchen.  Starting about the end of April we've had dinner outside pretty much any night its been above 65°F, so its kind of like our summer dining room.  We've eaten out there as late as early October though.  My wife has it down to a science as far as getting everything out there.  She took a basket and made a little caddy for napkins, condiments, utensils, glasses, etc...so that its always ready to go in case the weather is good.  They're hard to make out but on the patio area between the deck and the house are the two grills.  One of these days I'd love to build a true outdoor kitchen with a small refrigerator, food prep countertop and maybe two stove burners.  It's hard to justify when the real kitchen is right inside the doorway though.  In any event, leave it to me to finish my firepit in the middle of pandemic when no one can come over :lol:

Edited by Swamp_Yankee

3 hours ago, Lunatic said:

Looks good:up:

Do you ever or much use the deck detached from the house like yours is?

I think it defines the space nicely, the elevated dining area which is enclosed from the hang out by the fire area.  We are looking at doing some remodeling ourselves and I am getting a lot a good ideas from this site 👍