IGNORED

Newest Batch of Bucktails

Palawman30

Just finished painting some bucktails that I poured last week. All ready for some hair to liven them up a bit!

I make mine in 3/4, 1 , 1 1/2 and 2 ounces.... I don't need more than that in the back bays....These ones here were base coated white then airbrushed and clearcoated. I use the 3d eyes and mustad needle point hooks. Did a batch of 100. I shouldn't need more than that....lol20140303_150057.jpg

20140303_150139.jpg

referral-0686239001424316551.png

PredaTorch.com         Hot Estrous Doe and Other Deer Scent, Night Predator Lights

Powdercoating holds up very well but airbrushing just shows up with more detail and is a longer process and makes for a nicer looking bucktail

They look pretty nice. :up:  I entertained making my own bass rods a few years ago but changed my mind, too many hobbies

I make my own crankbaits for bassfishing...Crushed them on the salem canal on them too... You can order blank Luckycrafts for about a $1-$1.50 a piece and add your own hooks and hardware and airbrush your custom colors. They sell custom lucky crafts on ebay for $15 a pop!

PredaTorch.com         Hot Estrous Doe and Other Deer Scent, Night Predator Lights

Tom im hitting those spots up north with you....so I was just going to use all your bucktails......hahahahahaha. just kidding!

Actually I will make a batch up this week just for north jersey....

What sizes and colors do you reccomend?

I can make up to 4oz spro style bucktails and airbrush almost any colors.

We will definitely get up there. Maybe we can get Matt to join us. I don't think I scared him too bad the last few times we went. He got a little nervous when I replaced a leaky bilge plug and took on a little water. I think we took one over the bow once and it got a little deep in the stern, too. 

As for colors, white or white glow. I catch so many fluke on the teaser hook I'm beginning to wonder if it matters what color the bucktail is. 

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt