Whats your take on Russia?

Palawman30

"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." Albert Einstein quote

Whats everyone making on the Russians setting up for a invasion of Ukraine?

Personally Im of the belief that Putin is trying to force the west and namely Obama to blink first. Putins nationalistic views are playing well with approval ratings over 70%. The west is not going to war over crimea and the black sea ports. These are Russians. Putin wants the Russians back. Putin wants Ukraine to rely solely on Russia for its economic needs. If Obama grows balls overnight and the UN intervenes we may see the start of WW3...........BUT with Russia having Veto powers I cant even see the UN intervening. Those that don't remember history are bound to repeat it. Hitler started off the same way before he really got rolling stirring up nationalistic pride with propaganda on radio 247...Putin is doing the same thing with state run TV and the Obama " a line has been crossed with costs" line playing to Russian citizens

Not sure how bad this situation will become for the world in general, but you can be sure that our Idiot in Chief will be of no help.  The whole world knows that Obama is a jive BS'er with no clout and now Putin is going to rub it in his face.  I've already heard talk of Putin cutting diplomatic ties with the US.  We are going backwards both domestically and internationally.

Putin didnt do anything the US government wouldnt have done if it were a " western block country ".. A legitimate Ukrainian government was overthrown by a bunch of thugs.. Sure they were pro western thugs but still, they were thugs who werent necessarily acting on behalf of the MAJORITY of their countrymen..   Not only that but, Russias move MAY have averted a nasty civil war there..

On another note.. Putin aint the only one getting sick of this countries Liberal BS.. Alot of countries out there are getting down right sick and tired of hearing how righteous we in this country are and how screwed up their country is..  And quite frankly, Having traveled a good part of this world and knowing half the crap our press prints about other countries is either a down right lie or a truth so grossly exaggerated it might as well be a lie, so am i... Heck, we all know how reliable they ( the press )  are, or arent i should say, with domestic issues so, why would anyone believe they do a better job elsewhere in this world..

http://www.voanews.com/content/china-issues-retaliatory-report-on-us-human-rights/1861142.html

Edited by Axiom

It seems to me most of the people in the area he moved into are Russians and support him doing this. If you didn't know the area in question used to be part of Russia but was given to the Ukraine back in Khrushchev's time.

I say stay the hell out. None of our business unless people start getting shot. 

The second coming of the Cold War is what we are seeing right now.  And it's not just the Ukraine either, but Iran and other nations that Russia supports to poke us in the eye.  And this time, we're playing to lose that war and not win it like we did the first one.  Obama is a joke when it comes to making the US look like the world leader that we are or were.  Russian President Putin knows Obama will blink at his every move, so he has no fear of meaningful repercussions.    

I really dont know what people expect Obama to do about it.. Cut off trade and cause our economy more problems?.. increase military spending  and start another arms race and in doing so increase our national debt faster than it already is increasing?.. start world war 3?..  and all for what?.. because Russia is acting like America?..

I dont think so...

Edited by Axiom

I don't claim to know everything or much at all about international politics. I have friends who were diplomats and such, and they cringe when I talk about international politics. The best explanation I got was that it's like the biggest game of chess in the world where real people are expendable pawns. It's the strategy of influence and how to maintain it. Because with influence comes great rewards.

There's nothing ethical or humane about it, but that's the game we're in.