IGNORED

Crossbows

Haskell_Hunter

1 hour ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

I ma bringing this post back from the dead for a couple of reasons:  For the people who posted, have your opinions changed over the years?

For those who haven't posted, opinions and reviews are greatly appreciated.

There is a 100% chance I will be replacing my Parker this year, and I want to order a new crossbow in time for the fall.

Do you have a permit!

51503F-NOrL.jpg

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

I ma bringing this post back from the dead for a couple of reasons:  For the people who posted, have your opinions changed over the years?
For those who haven't posted, opinions and reviews are greatly appreciated.
There is a 100% chance I will be replacing my Parker this year, and I want to order a new crossbow in time for the fall.
Tim - if you're going to get a new xbow, don't overthink this... Tenpoint Crossbows. You can get a low end model all the way up to their high end model. But no matter what you get, their quality is top notch and their customer service is the best in the industry by a country mile. I have a Tenpoint Titan Xtreme that's been flawless and will most likely be replacing it with a Tenpoint Turbo M1 mainly for the narrowness of it.

David

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

go someplace and shoot all that you like thats what I did , in the end you have to be happy with what you buy.  I will say I went with excalibur  I liked how it shot and the ease of changing the string I can be back hunting in a couple minutes. and you can order custom strings to the specs you want I usually buy two at a time $25 -$30 bucks each just keep track and have what you got made the same each time. as for customer service my scope spring went bad after two years and they had someone send me a new scope from within the US over night and just put the old one in the shipping box with the new label and done.  in the end if you are using it so make sure its what you want..

Right now I am narrowing it down between Ten Point and Excalibur.  I like the more compact models because I tend to hunt in cover and have a pack that I can put it in like a rifle to pack it into and out of the woods.

I used to put the Parker in the back of my pack but needed to have a piece of paracord to tie it to the top of the pack to secure it properly.  So that's leaning me towards the smaller bows.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

Are you free October 12th?   You can break in your new crossbow on a live hunt with me and LPJR.    

Me?😥

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

12 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

I would ask Dino..he will lead you in the right direction 

I was also going to chat with Tim at Tackle and Field.  I usually pick his brain and get some excellent advice.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

2 hours ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

I was also going to chat with Tim at Tackle and Field.  I usually pick his brain and get some excellent advice.

Tim is long gone from Tackle and Field:-(