IGNORED

Crossbows

Haskell_Hunter

As you may have noticed if you monitor the classified section, I am always getting new xbows and selling old ones.  I've owned Barnett, Scorpyd, 10 Point (2 different models), Ravin (2 different models), and Hickory Creek.  In my opinion, all major crossbows are sufficiently accurate and powerful to take deer and reasonable hunting ranges.  I don't really care about claims of taking deer at 100 yards, I'm not going to take that shot, ever. 

However, I am willing to pay premium $'s for smaller and lighter.  I think it really makes a difference in a tree stand.  Right now, I own the Ravin R26 and the Hickory Creek In Line Mini.  If you're considering the current Ravins, try to go hold the R29 and the R26.  I chose the R26, but it is almost too short.  Almost.  

13 minutes ago, dlist777 said:

As you may have noticed if you monitor the classified section, I am always getting new xbows and selling old ones.  I've owned Barnett, Scorpyd, 10 Point (2 different models), Ravin (2 different models), and Hickory Creek.  In my opinion, all major crossbows are sufficiently accurate and powerful to take deer and reasonable hunting ranges.  I don't really care about claims of taking deer at 100 yards, I'm not going to take that shot, ever. 

However, I am willing to pay premium $'s for smaller and lighter.  I think it really makes a difference in a tree stand.  Right now, I own the Ravin R26 and the Hickory Creek In Line Mini.  If you're considering the current Ravins, try to go hold the R29 and the R26.  I chose the R26, but it is almost too short.  Almost.  

20190825_190743.jpg

28 minutes ago, dlist777 said:

How long have you had this problem:happywave:

1 hour ago, dlist777 said:

Is the 26 and 29 the length from front of riser to end of stock? If so, how much of that 3" difference is added to the stock butt?   I feel like I'm pulling the stealth ss into my body too much

4 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Is the 26 and 29 the length from front of riser to end of stock? If so, how much of that 3" difference is added to the stock butt?   I feel like I'm pulling the stealth ss into my body too much

I think the length measurements are from the end of the butt to the front of the limbs, but I can' swear to that.  The R29 has a 12.5 inch powerstroke and the  R26 is 9.5 inches, so that tells me all the extra length is forward of the trigger.  Right?

The 26 does feel scrunched up, but I like the small profile so I went with that...but I would hold both before you choose.  I had to mount the scope as far forward as I could to get the right sight picture...

If you want longer, the R20 and R10 are still available.  

Haskell: check this bow out.  I have one but haven't hunted with it yet so I don't want to recommend.  It uses regular arrows with regular arrow nocks.  Adjustable limbs and you can change the strings w/o a press (I've actually done that).   This guy's YouTube channel is great too:

Edited by dlist777

5 hours ago, dlist777 said:

Haskell: check this bow out.  I have one but haven't hunted with it yet so I don't want to recommend.  It uses regular arrows with regular arrow nocks.  Adjustable limbs and you can change the strings w/o a press (I've actually done that).   This guy's YouTube channel is great too:

Same guy who hit himself in the head with a slingshot ricochet years ago no?

He hasn't learned...

E277ACEE-72AD-4A51-8BBF-CB4A269160D7.jpeg

Tenpoint crossbows are the absolute best xbows on the market for a reason. They are wicked accurate, great quality, and are backed by the absolutely best customer service in the market. If I were looking for a new xbow, I'd get the Titan M1. I've shot it and it's really nice. NOTE: I currently own it's predecessor the Titan Xtreme. My Titan has taken over 20 deer season since I bought it without a hiccup. And as I've said before about Tenpoint's customer service, I dropped my xbow from my stand last year. I sent it to Tenpoint and let them know what I did. They found a small crack in one of the limbs. They inspected the xbow thoroughly and replaced the limbs for FREE. Even though it was my fault 100%, there was no cost to me.

David

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

I ma bringing this post back from the dead for a couple of reasons:  For the people who posted, have your opinions changed over the years?

For those who haven't posted, opinions and reviews are greatly appreciated.

There is a 100% chance I will be replacing my Parker this year, and I want to order a new crossbow in time for the fall.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

I’ll tell you this much. Very high speed crossbows are not meant for walking around in the woods. Ravin does not even recommend cocking it until you get to your stand. There is just too much potential energy to risk this thing breaking or discharging unexpectedly. 
aside from this I still like my R26 and my confidence in longer shots is very high. The compact nature of the bow let’s me shoot 360 degrees from any stand/tree. Also, the bow is so short it forces your elbows against your body making the set up very steady for freehand shots. Most of my kills with this bow are freehand including some very long shots 

I still love my Micro 335! Now Excalibur has takedown models with a backpack case for hiking in.  Flip a lever,the limbs come off, put both pieces in the backpack and off you go.Check em out!

Edited by Dinger