IGNORED

Duplicate firearms card question

Hey all. Just got my updated address fid card and permits after almost 3 months from the state pd. Got home and realized that I wasn’t fingerprinted for the back of the new card as I was for my original one about 10 years ago. Just curious do they not fingerprint the card anymore?  Or just with duplicates?  I plan on either calling or stopping by just to make sure either way.  Curious if anyone on here knew or recently updated their FID

When I just recently got a pistol purchase permit, they asked if I was previously fingerprinted (for a FID or other pistol permit in the past). If I was, they told me I didn't need to get fingerprinted again. I thought it was the same thing with change-of-address FID cards, too.

I read this on the NJSP website:

https://www.njportal.com/njsp/FARS

If you have never been fingerprinted before for firearms purposes, you will need to go for fingerprinting with the Universal Fingerprint Form that will be generated after successful submission of this form. However, if you have been fingerprinted before for firearm purposes, upon completion of this form and payment, you would have completed both S.T.S 033 and 212A requirements.

So maybe you don't need to get fingerprinted again???

Yeah I would think I wouldn’t need the entire finger printing again. However they didn’t have me finger print the one finger on the back of the card.  The trooper just dropped the card and papers through the window and said “your all set have a good one”. Wasn’t until I got home and started to swap the cards I noticed the finger print on the back on my old card and thought it was odd not to do the new one. 

3 hours ago, mike033089 said:

Hey all. Just got my updated address fid card and permits after almost 3 months from the state pd. Got home and realized that I wasn’t fingerprinted for the back of the new card as I was for my original one about 10 years ago. Just curious do they not fingerprint the card anymore?  Or just with duplicates?  I plan on either calling or stopping by just to make sure either way.  Curious if anyone on here knew or recently updated their FID

Call or stop by the barracks. They will print you. It's one for the back of the card with your right index finger. It will take you longer to wash the ink off than to get the print. No big deal but card isn't valid without it

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

11 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

When I just recently got a pistol purchase permit, they asked if I was previously fingerprinted (for a FID or other pistol permit in the past). If I was, they told me I didn't need to get fingerprinted again. I thought it was the same thing with change-of-address FID cards, too.

I read this on the NJSP website:

https://www.njportal.com/njsp/FARS

So maybe you don't need to get fingerprinted again???

He's talking about the index finger print on the back of the card.  Even though IMO its basically meaningless (mine is just a big black blot with no almost no discernible lines) I don't believe that the FID is valid without it.  I just got my duplicate from NJSP and they had me do the index print when I picked it up.  

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

10 hours ago, Bucndoe said:

Call or stop by the barracks. They will print you. It's one for the back of the card with your right index finger. It will take you longer to wash the ink off than to get the print. No big deal but card isn't valid without it

You just do it yourself with an ink pad (like you would use for a stamp).

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

3 hours ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

You just do it yourself with an ink pad (like you would use for a stamp).

That's an option as well

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."