LPJR

Jr loving attention to details/MX

He has been in his shop at night for the last few weeks tweaking his YZ, sometimes until 10-11pm. What is very COOL is that he is researching and learning how to work on the bike all on his own. When we bought the bike it had a dent in the pipe. This past week the dent was taken out by Jr. He apparently looked it up on youtube and filled it with water. He then placed it into the garage chest freezer (thanks Jacko) overnight. 

Once the dent was removed, he used polishing wheels on the bench grinder to polish the FMF Fatty pipe to a bright luster again. The pipe was just reinstalled, and he definitely has a passion like I have never seen for this stuff.  

thumbnail_Resized_20190814_182244.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20190824_164325(1).jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20190824_164436.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20190824_164052.jpg

• Like 12
  • Winner 2

It's a good trade to learn at a young age, do it as a side job make a few extra bucks....as long as he doesn't do what we do for a living., as you're well aware 

• Like 1

Looks like he’s hooked Lou! Nothing wrong with that at all, I been hooked since I was a kid too! I’ve used that trick too! If he ever needs a hand or advice let me know. I will be glad to help. Been working on them for 20+ years as you know, and BHC is correct he can make a few extra bucks especially if he learns to work on the internal engin (Trans/bottom end).

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

great to see a youngster paying attention to detail

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Screaminta said:

Looks like he’s hooked Lou! Nothing wrong with that at all, I been hooked since I was a kid too! I’ve used that trick too! If he ever needs a hand or advice let me know. I will be glad to help. Been working on them for 20+ years as you know, and BHC is correct he can make a few extra bucks especially if he learns to work on the internal engin (Trans/bottom end).

Thanks brother will do! :up:

He is in the back again tonight getting it ready for Englishtown in the morning. 

thumbnail_Resized_20190824_222945.jpg

Edited by LPJR
  • Like 2

That's cool. Great seeing him doing repairs and work on it himself. Sucking in knowledge why he can.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Live to Hunt said:

You did good Lou :up:

:agree:

• Like 1

Hey Lou , you sure he ain't got a girl back there ?    :rofl: