Tarhunt

Colonoscopy Tomorrow!

12 minutes ago, _X7 said:

I just had a friend call to tell me he tested negative for prostrate cancer. He had urination problems for quite awhile and just recently started seeing doctors for his health.  The doctors found his enlarged prostrate growing into his bladder which was the call to get the biopsy done. Before this they discovered a cancerous thyroid that has to come out. He had a biopsy on his liver with a problem that came back negative and since relieved. Before that they discovered blockage of arteries in his ticker. They saved his life by finding this when they did and he now has stents in his chest.

To look at this guy you'd never know he had all of these problems building in him. He knew his body was giving him warning, but he ignored them for the most part. The heart thing he noticed while dragging a deer out of the woods and being out of breath and feeling like he had a bad, bad case of acid reflux. He didn't think it a big deal mostly because he didn't know what the signs were saying.

It wasn't until he saw my struggles with diabetes and my heart attack along with the loss of two friends way too young, and the extreme winning battle with cancer of another did he make a point to see a doctor. As much as he didn't like them and the system they are in with insurance BS he is now on the conveyor belt getting all of his previously unknown issues taken care of. He is only 55 years old. In speaking with him this morning the relief of knowing the biopsy came back negative was evident in his voice. I'm sure there was evidence in my voice of the good news. He told me that taking that step to see a doctor was the best decision he ever made.

Do yourselves a favor and listen to your body, learn the signs. Get what needs to be done for today.  Don't worry about the cost or any of the rest of it. Tomorrow can wait. Live for today. 

I get an annual physical every year.  I speak to my doc openly about how I've been feeling and any weird shit I have going on.  I hate going, but I take a page from my 92-year-old dad.  He's been going annually since I can remember.  Whenever they find something, and they do, he gets it taken care of.  Had he not gone regularly, he would have died from a massive heart attack.  He had shortness of breath doing things, got a stress test, and they stopped it after 5 minutes.  The next day he was getting quintuple bypass surgery.  Had he not gone to his doctors regularly, he wouldn't be staring down his 93rd birthday this year.  He still goes golfing and teaches kids physics.  I learned by example.

• Like 2

On 8/24/2019 at 6:26 PM, Rusty said:

I pooped in a box,  and besides, I'm worth more dead than alive.  If God wants to take me home I'm ready.  

Before you go can you will me a chainsaw?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, hunterbob1 said:

Before you go can you will me a chainsaw?

I only got one and it's older than most of the members on this site, but it's yours if you want it.  :kissy:  

7 minutes ago, Rusty said:

I only got one and it's older than most of the members on this site, but it's yours if you want it.  :kissy:  

Nice offer!

On 8/25/2019 at 12:08 PM, Buck154 said:

Yeah it would be better but most damn insurance companies won't pay for it till you are 50. 

That's going to change very soon (if it hasnt already) now that the medical recommendation if for colonoscopy at 40 years old.

I had a colonoscopy at 35 for another reason. Found cancer and it saved my life! I had no family history of colon cancer and it was so small, my doctor said it would have been too late by the time I hit the age when it is recommended you go. Don't put it off! Best nap I've ever had! Good luck!