IGNORED

Colonoscopy Tomorrow!

Tarhunt

41 minutes ago, archer36 said:

Well, HOW DID EVERYTHING COME OUT? 

Just got home. My doctor was delayed an hour. He took some biopsies and I'll get the results in a few weeks. Just hanging out today and catching up on the Golden Girls. 

Edited by Tarhunt

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

15 minutes ago, Tarhunt said:

Just got home. My doctor was delayed an hour. He took some biopsies and I'll get the results in a few weeks. Just hanging out today and catching up on the Golden Girls. 

Glad you got this taken care of.  At our age it becomes necessary to pay someone to check our asses out.  We're not young anymore, so no one is really looking.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

8 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

Glad you got this taken care of.  At our age it becomes necessary to pay someone to check our asses out.  We're not young anymore, so no one is really looking.

Yep. I tried to fight the effects of the Propofol but, I only made it to 9 in the countdown. Now, I know why Michael Jackson was hooked on the stuff. 

On 8/22/2019 at 9:24 AM, Stan Putz said:

I keep seeing on TV they have a kit where you just take a dump in a box & mail it in...I'm going that route next time

If you have a history of a polyp or a few you have to get the procedure according to the doctor I'll be seeing in a few weeks. Its not so bad really, and we can all use a cleansing of sorts. Better safe than sorry.

Edited by _X7

3 hours ago, _X7 said:

If you have a history of a polyp or a few you have to get the procedure according to the doctor I'll be seeing in a few weeks. Its not so bad really, and we can all use a cleansing of sorts. Better safe than sorry.

I get what you are saying 100%, I've had a couple guys younger than me I see on a regular basis get cancer recently, one will probably not survive, the other claims to be recovering, but he seems very weak (physically). I will say however the night I did the prep was one of the worst in my life. It was around 4 years ago and the discomfort is still with me...I was ready to start seeing intestines, lungs, kidneys, whatever come barreling out my pooper...I just can't see doing this to myself on purpose again any time real soon. My understanding is that most people don't get it to the degree I did, which is a relief of sorts.

Catch & release is for guys who don't know how to cook. :cook:

6 hours ago, Stan Putz said:

I get what you are saying 100%, I've had a couple guys younger than me I see on a regular basis get cancer recently, one will probably not survive, the other claims to be recovering, but he seems very weak (physically). I will say however the night I did the prep was one of the worst in my life. It was around 4 years ago and the discomfort is still with me...I was ready to start seeing intestines, lungs, kidneys, whatever come barreling out my pooper...I just can't see doing this to myself on purpose again any time real soon. My understanding is that most people don't get it to the degree I did, which is a relief of sorts.

I was thinking there may have been underlying conditions to cause all of that. Or worse yet a prep that was too strong or taking too much that overwhelmed your system. I've always used Magnesium Citrate but never the dosage prescribed which was usually a whole bottle with an 8oz water as a chaser. A half bottle was enough to have me camped on the stool for a bit and was plenty enough to  cleanse the tube.  The advice for this came from a co worker with bowel issues. 

i can't do the liquid they give you.

i go with the pills and dissolve the powder in hot broth.

It sucks either way. 

But i will say, going, saved my life.

at 40y old, stage 3 colorectal cancer.

radiation, resection, temp ostomy, chemo for 6m, reversal of the ostomy. 

been clear for 4y now. i have my blood checked quarterly. Scanned annually. 

besides losing my 8y old daughter, it was the toughest thing i ever had to do. 

if you see any blood, go. any changes in the system, go.

if i would have waited longer, i may not be here right now. 

United Bowhunters of New Jersey

New Jersey Fur Harvester
New Jersey Trappers Association
National Trappers Association

9 minutes ago, ub1243 said:

i can't do the liquid they give you.

i go with the pills and dissolve the powder in hot broth.

It sucks either way. 

But i will say, going, saved my life.

at 40y old, stage 3 colorectal cancer.

radiation, resection, temp ostomy, chemo for 6m, reversal of the ostomy. 

been clear for 4y now. i have my blood checked quarterly. Scanned annually. 

besides losing my 8y old daughter, it was the toughest thing i ever had to do. 

if you see any blood, go. any changes in the system, go.

if i would have waited longer, i may not be here right now. 

your story should be proof enough in its own to let anyone now not going is the dumbest thing they can do.

Prayers for much easier times, don't think many can ever endure what you have been put through .

as far as the prep, the new prep is way easier than the old style, '

dissolve power in 2 quarts of gatoraid. one night before, one morning of . with a few laxative pills, .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

10 hours ago, Stan Putz said:

My sibling, mid 60s, had a similar experience as you. Also has a condition that requires testing more often. The Dr change the Prep on the next test and was tolerated better.There are more alternatives as Hammer Posted above. If your following this thread, all jokes aside, get tested.

My old secretary never believed in having a colonoscopy and early last year, she found  blood in her stool. Sure enough, she had Stage 3 colon cancer. She had a large section if her intestines removed and now she has to wear the bag for the rest of her life. She is miserable. 

On 8/22/2019 at 9:27 AM, mazzgolf said:

I turn 50 this year! Oh boy! I get to do this soon, too!

That's the old AMA recommendation.  The new medical recommendation is 40 years old for your first colonoscopy.  Why?

Because as colonoscopy has become so routine at >=50 studies have found that the rate of that cancer has declined in every age cohort except for one; people 40 to 50.

So a little over a year ago the guidance was changed, and you're now supposed to get your first colonoscopy at 40 years old.   

And I for one am glad, I listened to the new data and had mine last year, and they discovered a potentially bad polyp that had I waited a bunch of years until I'm 50 could have been bad news.  So I'm pretty much a living example for why doctors have dropped the first colonoscopy from 50 years old to 40 years old.

Edited by BenedictGomez

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775