IGNORED

Anyone seeing Lantern Flies?

1 minute ago, LittleM said:

I saw one along the border of Hunterdon and Mercer County's.  Hopewell Township, I believe, while working on a jobsite last week.  I called the PO and was told that they are all over down that way.

That sucks, I was hoping they didn't make it over here yet.

My property in Pohatcong is infested. The SLF co op has been there, marked all the Ailanthis, but never got back for treatment... and it looks like the bugs have done their breeding and are in the process of egg-laying now... I saw ONE last year

without me, my rifle is nothing

9 minutes ago, TDietz said:

My property in Pohatcong is infested. The SLF co op has been there, marked all the Ailanthis, but never got back for treatment... and it looks like the bugs have done their breeding and are in the process of egg-laying now... I saw ONE last year

Really Pohatcong? I'm White township and haven't seen one here yet, but they're probably here. I'm going to start looking for the egg sacs on trees, or whatever they're called.

1 hour ago, TDietz said:

Never came back for treatment. What a surprise! They must be counting pheasant chicks. Busy guys. 

6 hours ago, DBuck said:

Really Pohatcong? I'm White township and haven't seen one here yet, but they're probably here. I'm going to start looking for the egg sacs on trees, or whatever they're called.

This is ailanthus, tree of heaven, looks a lot like sumac, smells a lot like dog shit. The blue paint on trunk is how they mark them. If you can zoom in pic you can see them all over it.

20190810_155611.jpg

without me, my rifle is nothing