Jump to content
Swamp_Yankee

Getting back in shape at 38

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, MGHunter66 said:

.... If the wife would give me sex more than twice a week I wouldn’t even need the treadmill .......

Have you discussed alternatives with her?  If she can't help you with the cardio, perhaps she would allow a "stand in" ?

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

Thats a a fact, cut out big carbs like potatoes and bread, eliminate sugars and focus on high protein and in one month you’ll see a huge difference. Btw blueberries and green tea are great fat burners

Thats the key. Stay away form sugar anything, including drinks, anything with flour, potatoes and any other high carb/starch foods. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Have you discussed alternatives with her?  If she can't help you with the cardio, perhaps she would allow a "stand in" ?

Cal it a personal trainer :happywave:

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Processed carbs bad,  but potatoes are good.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

I eat a cup of blueberries with my grains for breakfast 5 days a week.

I eat blueberries with Stonefield greek yogurt every day. Also eat a lot of asparagus, another good fat burner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Have you discussed alternatives with her?  If she can't help you with the cardio, perhaps she would allow a "stand in" ?

Yea telling her I’d go whack off if she didn’t give it to me worked for awhile but then she got wise and asked if she could watch. I can say flirting with other girls at the gym gets her jealous bone going and I get it but when there are only 300 lbers around I am out of luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Processed carbs bad,  but potatoes are good.    

How about Potato Vodka?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Processed carbs bad,  but potatoes are good.    

yes, but not when you are trying to lose weight. Drop the weight and then get back to small amount of complex carbs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

How about Potato Vodka?

That's the best kind of potatoes.  :cheers: 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Confucius say: "Big guy muscular guy in clothes most likely fat man on beach.  Watching/controlling what you eat is far harder than any work you have to do in the gym and pay the biggest dividends."

Especially when your wife loads the house with all kinds of garbage.  When I was single I didn't have any of that crap in the house!  I'll keep her though....

 

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr Chipper and I like to eat, so screw you!

58602818_10214651919077871_7686207248820

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Confucius say: "Big guy muscular guy in clothes most likely fat man on beach.  Watching/controlling what you eat is far harder than any work you have to do in the gym and pay the biggest dividends."  Especially when your wife loads the house with all kinds of garbage.  When I was single I didn't have any of that crap in the house!  I'll keep her though....

1 hour ago, rocky said:

Mr Chipper and I like to eat, so screw you!

The man has a point.  Basically what I'm saying is I'm not worried about how much I weigh, I'm worried about what what I can do.  If you can run 10 miles, do 100 pullups, etc...who cares how much you weigh?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting week three and so far so good.  Before joining the gym I had never been on a treadmill in my life.  Any running I did was outside-in any event I've settled into a routine of running a mile and a half and stepping up the pace as I go.  Today I started at 4.5 MPH and then got up to 6.5 MPH for the last 1/4 mile, heart rate of about 160.  After I cool down and stretch I'll hit the free weights/machines.  Even though it's really only been two weeks I noticed a big difference when working outside on the firepit project this weekend, gathering and lifting stones, etc...  I "feel" stronger, which is probably mostly in my head, but I'll take it.  More importantly though, I don't feel as wiped out at the end of the day or sore/beat the next day.  The real test will be this fall when I drag my first buck out of my swamp to my truck-150 yards and mostly up hill :super:

  • Like 2
  • Winner 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

Starting week three and so far so good.  Before joining the gym I had never been on a treadmill in my life.  Any running I did was outside-in any event I've settled into a routine of running a mile and a half and stepping up the pace as I go.  Today I started at 4.5 MPH and then got up to 6.5 MPH for the last 1/4 mile, heart rate of about 160.  After I cool down and stretch I'll hit the free weights/machines.  Even though it's really only been two weeks I noticed a big difference when working outside on the firepit project this weekend, gathering and lifting stones, etc...  I "feel" stronger, which is probably mostly in my head, but I'll take it.  More importantly though, I don't feel as wiped out at the end of the day or sore/beat the next day.  The real test will be this fall when I drag my first buck out of my swamp to my truck-150 yards and mostly up hill :super:

Running on Tread machines are great. Less pounding on joints! Try those oliplicals devices. They are great and less stress on back and lower joints. Sounds like you are seeing results, which is super. Don't forget to mix it up with cardio and some weight training, so you and your body doesn't get bored. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

Starting week three and so far so good.  Before joining the gym I had never been on a treadmill in my life.  Any running I did was outside-in any event I've settled into a routine of running a mile and a half and stepping up the pace as I go.  Today I started at 4.5 MPH and then got up to 6.5 MPH for the last 1/4 mile, heart rate of about 160.  After I cool down and stretch I'll hit the free weights/machines.  Even though it's really only been two weeks I noticed a big difference when working outside on the firepit project this weekend, gathering and lifting stones, etc...  I "feel" stronger, which is probably mostly in my head, but I'll take it.  More importantly though, I don't feel as wiped out at the end of the day or sore/beat the next day.  The real test will be this fall when I drag my first buck out of my swamp to my truck-150 yards and mostly up hill :super:

Excellent, keep it up.  :up:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...