IGNORED

New Bow Suggestions

ModernOutdoorsMan

12 minutes ago, thefirstndsecond said:

Lancaster archery...  come on man.... if they are going to drive that far they should go to Bob & AJ's... 🤗

A great supporting dedicated archery store.

Elite, mathews, obsession, bowtech, and one on one ..

Remember, Pound Your 'x'!

Never been to Bob n Ajs but I can attest to Lancaster Archerys quality and variety. If Bob and AJs has what youve narrowed down to then save the gas and try it. 

3 hours ago, mattg1500 said:

Never been to Bob n Ajs but I can attest to Lancaster Archerys quality and variety. If Bob and AJs has what youve narrowed down to then save the gas and try it. 

They are actually lancaster distributors for Tradtech.

Lancaster is a great place. Just figured this might me closer.

You should go up.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

25 minutes ago, Livesintrees said:

Don’t rule out a high end used setup either. Plenty of top notch setups available for a good price 

You just have to watch. Some manufacturers require new strings, cams, to change draw length.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

I'll be the dissenting voice here...

If you're Bear is shooting well and you're comfortable with it, shoot it some more.  Maybe upgrade the sight or rest.  Or pimp it out (keep the stuff currently on the bow for resale).  Get it tuned with a custom string.  Take a lesson with someone very knowledgeable and learn that bow all the way through.  

New toys are nice.  Trust me, I know.  However when I took my first deer with a "beginner" set-up, I promised myself that I would buy a new bow.  I did.  It was great.  It killed a deer or two.  However the deer weren't any more dead with the new bow than the old.  It was a bit tougher to draw in the cold because of the cams/draw cycle.  Long story short, my old bow was as capable and in some cases, easier to shoot well, than the new one.  

Just my opinion.  Worth what you paid for it. 

I used to be "Topher"

My advice would be to wait until after the deer season. If your current bow is properly broadhead tuned leave it as is. Hunt with confidence. 

Next years bows start releasing November through the ATA show  in Jan. As some have mentioned you can pick up last years bow at a discounted rate. Set a new one up and keep your Bear as a backup. 

Acherytalk is a great place to find used equipment but I've personally had 2 bows with issues. Lots of self-taught youtube tuners on AT selling. Had one bow come with the cables on backwards and one with a stripped cable stop bolt. That said, I've bought close to 10 bows off AT, just be prepared to put on new strings, etc. If you're unable to do that yourself you might be better off buying from a local shop. 

Shop local, they'll be more inclined to help you out when you're in a pinch.