IGNORED

New Bow Suggestions

ModernOutdoorsMan

Looking to upgrade to my compound after this upcoming season. I've been using my beginner bow Bear Crux for about 4-5 years now, and quiet frankly I have no complaints with it. But I am thinking about upgrading to a higher quality model. I'm not overly picky and not really sure where to start. Any suggestions on what I should be considering? 

I'm partial to PSE, but you can't go wrong with Elite, Prime, Hoyt or even Matthews.  Go to the closest good shop and shoot all of the brands they carry.  Buy what feels good to you.  Have it tuned and set up properly.  

Where are you located?  We can steer you in the right direction of a good shop.  

Go to a shop and shoot anything and everything. Once you have figured out what you want, get onto archery talk and look for that bow. My buddy just bought a loaded RX3 Turbo for $1250. The rig has well over $2k into it. Another thing is bow value decreases immensely. You'll be able to buy a year old bow for some ridiculously low prices. 

32 minutes ago, Tbryant said:

Go to a shop and shoot anything and everything. Once you have figured out what you want, get onto archery talk and look for that bow. My buddy just bought a loaded RX3 Turbo for $1250. The rig has well over $2k into it. Another thing is bow value decreases immensely. You'll be able to buy a year old bow for some ridiculously low prices. 

2 grand?You kids are nutsl!!!!!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Today's bows are all good, you need to handle as many as you can. I like Mathews, but a few years ago as i do when buying i handle as many as I can, Hoyt I liked the draw but the handle I didn't like at all. I ended up getting a Mathews Z2, not their top of the line bow at the time,price point was great, and I put too qualify accories on, it was exactly what I liked, 

Bottom line only you can choose what is best for you.

Also if looking after the season you just may get a good deal on a 2019 bow, so do your shopping, handling and research now 

Shoot as many different bows as you can. Note the differences. 

I have found I like Mathews and elite.

Learn about the differences. 

If you are close to 18947 visit bob and ajs.

If not go to the local shot and shoot the demo bows. Take your time.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

I suggest taking the ride to Lancaster Archery. They have a huge selection and are extremely knowledgeable. You can save quite a bit on last years bows now. 2019s are discounted already since there are 2020 models out. I have a Mathews and really like it. Its light, 3.8lbs and fast and single cam to keep tuning simple for me. The new Hoyt is faster but heavier and i felt like the wall was soft. Obsessions were nice as well.

2 hours ago, mattg1500 said:

I suggest taking the ride to Lancaster Archery. They have a huge selection and are extremely knowledgeable. You can save quite a bit on last years bows now. 2019s are discounted already since there are 2020 models out. I have a Mathews and really like it. Its light, 3.8lbs and fast and single cam to keep tuning simple for me. The new Hoyt is faster but heavier and i felt like the wall was soft. Obsessions were nice as well.

Lancaster archery...  come on man.... if they are going to drive that far they should go to Bob & AJ's... 🤗

A great supporting dedicated archery store.

Elite, mathews, obsession, bowtech, and one on one ..

Remember, Pound Your 'x'!

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford