3 hours ago, Ringtail said:

Seems like someone has taken it upon themselves to prep my stand for the season in their own way with what I would assume are intentions to hunt it....

Cleared an unnecessarily large path right to my tree, cut down limbs for more shooting lanes, and flipped the tree pegs upside down to make it harder to climb. 

Not thrilled at all as I had that stand exactly the way I liked it. Took all the pegs out of the tree but not sure there’s much else I can do to deter this individual. 

Oh the joy of public land!

BE51783C-F70E-4588-8292-1331C1644CDB.jpeg

Jesus H. Christ....did Ray Charles decide to hunt your spot?

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

On private land down here, you still have people you don't know trespassing and hunting around you :)

Ugh, but I have to admit that used to happen a lot to me as well.  We got serious and word got out I guess because we have fewer issues.  Always helps to have known the local CO his entire life.  :) 

I hunt Public exclusive for a while. IMHO this is someone who had contact with this stand last Season. They either saw the potential, saw evidence of a successful kill, or talked to you and heard  something good. It's someone that hunts that area because lets face it, not many guys are going to put effort in August on Public Land. You're going to have company for sure in there .

1 hour ago, BowhunterNJ said:

On private land down here, you still have people you don't know trespassing and hunting around you :)

That sucks can’t believe people have the nerve to do this. 

6 minutes ago, Live to Hunt said:

That sucks can’t believe people have the nerve to do this. 

Same on public.  Guys just move in on areas you hunt.  It's public so you can't do anything about it.  The one spot I hunt a few years back a guy started hunting pretty close by.  Ran into him this past season, he knew I was there, said he found my spot in the off season years ago before he started hunting the area.   I don't really get it, I find someone hunting an area, even on public and I go the other way, I don't try to hunt near them.  Granted if it's a small piece of public land OK, but this is 1000s of acres.  No need to be close to anyone in that situation IMHO.

• Agree 1

I would leave a note on YOUR stand explaining your situation. If he/she wants to be a dick let a CO know someone is cutting plants/brush on public property. 

you know I thought something was different about that stand  come to think of it I don't recall a field that close either ..:lookaround:  

• Haha 1

all these posts is why i barley deer hunt anymore. last year i didnt even pick my bow up. i went out twice for six day. and the first day i had drivers look up at me (while im in stand) and they said "oh hey, whats up, did you see anything" 

i refuse to deer hunt public lands anymore. ever year its something else. i even had one guy take a  dump in front of my trail cam. things stolen, locks cut etc...its ridiculous. 

i have asked multiple properties for permission but i get the same response. "already have people here that hunt". i can hunt one piece on private property. but im not into hunting someones backyard. 

trout and birds for me this fall.

3 minutes ago, Kype said:

all these posts is why i barley deer hunt anymore. last year i didnt even pick my bow up. i went out twice for six day. and the first day i had drivers look up at me (while im in stand) and they said "oh hey, whats up, did you see anything" 

i refuse to deer hunt public lands anymore. ever year its something else. i even had one guy take a  dump in front of my trail cam. things stolen, locks cut etc...its ridiculous. 

i have asked multiple properties for permission but i get the same response. "already have people here that hunt". i can hunt one piece on private property. but im not into hunting someones backyard. 

trout and birds for me this fall.

Don't get discouraged about public land. There are tons of locations. Take a drive and you will quickly find spots if you are willing to go where other are not. I have shot nice bucks while watching people cut their grass accross the street. I have spots I hunt where they stock pheasants.  The pheasant spots are good during bow season and afternoons during pheasant season especially during the week. Just because you don't see anybody hunting a particular spot does not mean deer don't live there or pass through there. I want to know where people are set up so I can get away from them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

Don't get discouraged about public land. There are tons of locations. Take a drive and you will quickly find spots if you are willing to go where other are not. I have shot nice bucks while watching people cut their grass accross the street. I have spots I hunt where they stock pheasants.  The pheasant spots are good during bow season and afternoons during pheasant season especially during the week. Just because you don't see anybody hunting a particular spot does not mean deer don't live there or pass through there. I want to know where people are set up so I can get away from them. 

yeah i hear ya, but watching people mow their yards while im deer hunting isnt for me. i know i could travel to hunt more remote areas, but i dont have the time for it. the place i use to hunt was close. i guess i got used to that. now the place is a shithole, literally. and piss bottles laying under some tree stands. 

40 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

So true I hunt one of the most pressured wma and in 5 years have seen 1 person

• Like 1