Sharpdogs

Hunter Education Test Questions

How late in the year do they run tests?  My son is 9 and doesn't turn 10 until mid November.  He is hoping to get his license this year.

Go to the Fish and Wildlife site and look under Hunter Education. The dates are listed there. He has to be 10 years of age

I am not 100% positive but I thought I remember being able to take the test before your 10th b-day but not being able to get your license until you were 10 because the electronic system won't let you.  Reach out to the state on this because if you can do this, it would be the way to go.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Current course list: https://www.nj.wildlifelicense.com/ALS/course/course_report.php

They will post more classes as the year goes along - that page says, "Please check back often as classes are added on a monthly basis."

The NJ DFW website says they go into November: https://www.njfishandwildlife.com/hunted.htm

"Field sessions and exams are offered at locations throughout New Jersey March through November."

Edited by mazzgolf
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, buckfever1974 said:

I am not 100% positive but I thought I remember being able to take the test before your 10th b-day but not being able to get your license until you were 10 because the electronic system won't let you.  Reach out to the state on this because if you can do this, it would be the way to go.

That was the case for one of my sons. He took the firearms course while he was still 9. They held his certificate/license until he turned 10, a month or two later.  Mailed it to us, I believe.

Great job, Dad, getting your son out there.

Edited by Jim_
  • Like 3

Good news!  He can take the test.  He cannot register online because he is under 10 but he can go as a walk on.  He cannot purchase the license until he is 10.  My wife and I will take the class with him. I have my shotgun and bow but i need my muzzleloader and rifle licenses.  My son is super excited.  He has been practicing all summer and just cranked his bow up to 30 pounds.  35 pounds is right around the corner for him.  My son keeps making fun of me because i use a crossbow.  He wants to be the first in the family to get a deer with a bow.

• Like 5
  • Winner 2

Good news!  He can take the test.  He cannot register online because he is under 10 but he can go as a walk on.  He cannot purchase the license until he is 10.  My wife and I will take the class with him. I have my shotgun and bow but i need my muzzleloader and rifle licenses.  My son is super excited.  He has been practicing all summer and just cranked his bow up to 30 pounds.  35 pounds is right around the corner for him.  My son keeps making fun of me because i use a crossbow.  He wants to be the first in the family to get a deer with a bow.

That’s great. Good luck to all 3 of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Sharpdogs said:

Best post in a long time!Go little man!

15 hours ago, Sharpdogs said:

:up::up: