B B

What's your bow hunting goal this year?

Posted (edited)

First and foremost my goal is to get my old lady her first buck.  She came close last year, like one step away from making it happen close.  We managed to put a good amount of hours in the blind together without any restraining orders, which is a plus, so I'm thinking this year it's gonna happen.  She already let it be known that she wants to fill her EAB tag first (before me) so she's catching on.  I'm glad she's showing the interest, but of course it would have be on a year that so far seems the buck activity isn't what it usually is, but hey that's hunting.

So what's your goal this bow season? 

Edited by B B
  • Like 9

In the past it has been to harvest my biggest buck to date.  After my daughter was born as we all know time in the woods dwindles while taking my biggest buck is always a goal I just want to enjoy what time I get to sit and take what gets me excited and eventually I will get back to putting more focus on my biggest deer..

• Like 7

This is the first year where I have no goals, no expectations, nada. I'm just looking forward to sitting up in a tree and finding my solitude. I know that may sound lame and koombaya-ish, but I really mean it. It's been a crazy and hectic year, I just wanna get out in the woods.

• Like 9
  • Winner 2

My goal is to kill my EAB doe with a recurve and maybe try for an early season buck with the recurve too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Bear here in NJ of 400 or more pounds, or a  NJ buck of 120" or more

• Like 2

Looking forward to enjoying time in the woods with friends and family. 

I have no specific goals as far as critters go. Except to shoot as few deer as possible.  :D

• Like 4