IGNORED

round valley

10deer

7 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

From what I am told, that lake doesn't even have enough forage to feed all the trout, so I doubt the state would stock hybrids.  I don't think there are any in there. Spruce Run is the hybrid lake.

Agree with above, RV is not the type of reservoir that hybrids would do well in. Eutrophic lakes/reservoirs are for hybrids, Oligotrophic types like RV are for trout

Edited by MGHunter66

AWM

Oh so they didn't make it.State put em in,in the 80's.Killed em by the tower,strong fighter's for there size.

https://www.thebassbarn.com/forum/archive/index.php/f-10-p-58.html

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

4 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

Oh so they didn't make it.State put em in,in the 80's.Killed em by the tower,strong fighter's for there size.

Hybrids are genetically sterile, so they cannot reproduce.  If you toss in 1,000 fish, you can never have more than 1,000 of them.  So they are only a stocked fishery wherever they are released.  But what a great fighting fish! 

I wish the state would stock more of them. MONKSVILLE would be a great place for them. Plenty of Herring large body of water and maybe we could actually fish that place and catch something LOL. The state claims that the Trout fishery wasn't good there and the lake couldn't support them so they stopped what a crock! We caught a lot of trout there that were 4- 8 lbs and not stocked that size. I know there are a lot of Musky and the state is trying to develop a walleye fishery for 10 + years but it is a perfect setup for Hybrids. Lake Hopactong has all three and they are all doing great. In Monksville you would be able to fish for them in the daylight without getting run over by a ski boat. 

29 minutes ago, OMC said:

I wish the state would stock more of them. MONKSVILLE would be a great place for them. Plenty of Herring large body of water and maybe we could actually fish that place and catch something LOL. The state claims that the Trout fishery wasn't good there and the lake couldn't support them so they stopped what a crock! We caught a lot of trout there that were 4- 8 lbs and not stocked that size. I know there are a lot of Musky and the state is trying to develop a walleye fishery for 10 + years but it is a perfect setup for Hybrids. Lake Hopactong has all three and they are all doing great. In Monksville you would be able to fish for them in the daylight without getting run over by a ski boat. 

You should point that out to Lisa Barno or one of her staff biologists.  Good points.  Not that it matters, but I used to woodcock hunt in what is new Monksville Reservoir.