LPJR

Who on here remembers this? Shows you cut your teeth on...

10 hours ago, LPJR said:

Man, just the sound of this clip reminds me of waiting for each show when I was younger. Unbelievable footage and was well done all the way around.

Marty Stouffer on Wild America, and Leonard Lee Rue III for his whitetail deer books for me.

Post up a show that reminds you of when you were starting out in the outdoors in this thread...

That was a good one. Great wildlife videos

• Like 1

I remember watching this. Always love seeing any wildlife shows

• Like 5
  • Winner 1

Yup

Loved Marty's shows growing up!

Unbelievable footage of wildlife back then when video technology was a glimmer of what it is now

Always wondered what happened to Ol Marty

• Like 1

He was part of why I went to work everyday.Couldn't wait for the next show.Believe it was channel 13 for me PBS.

12 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

Yup

Loved Marty's shows growing up!

Unbelievable footage of wildlife back then when video technology was a glimmer of what it is now

Always wondered what happened to Ol Marty

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marty_Stouffer

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LPJR said:

That looks awesome Mark! I have to look those up :up:

Sometimes I forget that you're just a man child age-wise :rofl:

The American Sportsman was so impressive as were the early days of WIld Kingdom, Marty Stouffer's shows, etc. because the filmmakers had to use real film and very large format cameras weighing over a hundred pounds with tripods back in the 60s and 70s.  Now we have more sophistication in our Iphones than pros had filming back then....

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

Sometimes I forget that you're just a man child age-wise :rofl:

The American Sportsweeks and monthsman was so impressive as were the early days of WIld Kingdom, Marty Stouffer's shows, etc. because the filmmakers had to use real film and very large format cameras weighing over a hundred pounds with tripods back in the 60s and 70s.  Now we have more sophistication in our Iphones than pros had filming back then....

Weeks and month,same location.Back to the lodge.Warner wolf roll the video tape.

Edited by hunterbob1
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, LPJR said:

Man, just the sound of this clip reminds me of waiting for each show when I was younger. Unbelievable footage and was well done all the way around.

Marty Stouffer on Wild America, and Leonard Lee Rue III for his whitetail deer books for me.

Post up a show that reminds you of when you were starting out in the outdoors in this thread...

They made a movie about Marty Stoufer's childhood and life a few years back.  I forget the name but I watched it with my kids and they liked it.

• Like 2

Hands down the best of those old shows was when show host Marlin Perkins from Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom would be up safe in a helicopter while his trusty sidekick Jim Fowler is down in the mud being mauled by some form of vicious animal while being filmed for the show.  :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mutual of Omaha - I can remember sitting on the couch with the family watching that. I can't remember the narrator - I just remember loving his voice.

Someone brought up Victory at Sea - I would watch that AND "World at War" with my dad - I can almost hear the opening music for World at War now... 

• Like 2

Wow!

Memory lane.....

I totally remember that clip of the red fox flushing the cockbird!!

• Like 2

I had to look it up (I know - not wildlife show...)... but I can distinctly remember watching this as a kid and hearing that opening theme... never forgot that music... can't think of a better word to describe the music other than "haunting"... I guess because when you heard it, you knew that what you were going to watch in the next hour wasn't going to be pleasant. I might want to binge watch this series again... It was really good. For those that remember... start at the 1m 50s mark .

• Like 1

And now for something a little different....you young guys won't remember this one. Ultraman was so corny with its effects that it made it fun to watch.

These days when my wife drags me shopping somewhere...10 mins later I'm mimicking the low energy blinking light like Ultraman. :up:

• Haha 1