BowhunterNJ

Scoring and Rules Options  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which scoring method do you prefer

• Current Scoring Method
    • New Scoring Method
    • Other Scoring Method

1 minute ago, Nomad said:

OK, we'll make it easy.  Weight +antler score+2x age.  10 bonus points for public land, 10 bonus points for longbow/recurve, -10 points for compound/crossbow, -20 points for shotgun, +20 points for hunter over 55 years of age, +20 points if you have to measure at night and with cold fingers.

Dude I only have BS degree, I could not do it!!! 

Just now, Lunatic said:

Also simple and fun. 

Spread + number of points means nothing. If we vote at the end we will be closer to reality IMO

and put a lot more emphasis on taking GREAT pictures...     Straight arm and all

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Maybe someone with good computer skills could take the best deer from 2018, make up a thread and let the members vote on the winner?!  See how it works.

But I still think this type of contest should be in addition, not in place of a P&Y scoring contest as proposed by the OP. (owner).

Edited by Nomad

3 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

that's not a bad idea, or we can just use the time-tested, well regarded method of scoring a rack (and we have a member who is an official scorer we could consult)

I elect Jack for the job. Can we please have your cell number to make this happen:happywave:

don’t worry, members are mostly from north jersey. You may have to take only a dozen or so trips to see us in pork roll country