barrike

Another cam check

Checked cams again this weekend.  My camera batteries were dead after only 10 days.  Card had plenty of space left on it.  2nd time that's happened.  I'll have to pull it and send it back to Browning.  Anyway, here are some bucks that I managed to get a some pics of.

IMG_0366.thumb.JPG.ff9fdc8568881ee4d4040cf57ffcd7f4.JPGIMG_0364.thumb.JPG.2554c04621df9c934393ec5cb3588a6e.JPGIMG_0360.thumb.JPG.412424ca292f99a9a3e85859a309a353.JPGIMG_0346.thumb.JPG.496594896b32008dff53cbeb8d43b56b.JPG

Edited by barrike
  • Like 8

looks like a nice  bachelor group.  Good luck this coming season.

Common problem with trail cams, is not dedicating cards to cameras "by brand".

If you take a card from one brand and use in another - problems such as your and many others occur. 

The only way to guarantee a card is pure from one brand to another is to do a FULL format on the SD card. (the kind that takes over 5 minutes).    

I would suggest trying to do full format on your cards then do not mix with other brands (if you are doing this of course - if not, sounds like a true issue)

1 hour ago, JHbowhunter said:

looks like a nice  bachelor group.  Good luck this coming season.

Common problem with trail cams, is not dedicating cards to cameras "by brand".

If you take a card from one brand and use in another - problems such as your and many others occur. 

The only way to guarantee a card is pure from one brand to another is to do a FULL format on the SD card. (the kind that takes over 5 minutes).    

I would suggest trying to do full format on your cards then do not mix with other brands (if you are doing this of course - if not, sounds like a true issue)

I never have any problems with mine and I just do a normal format to erase the pictures. Takes about 2-8 seconds. I have 2 or 3 kinds of cameras. 

2 minutes ago, Buck154 said:

I never have any problems with mine and I just do a normal format to erase the pictures. Takes about 2-8 seconds. I have 2 or 3 kinds of cameras. 

I have seen it with brownings in particular, and wildgame innovatinos, and stealthcams  

Edited by JHbowhunter

1 minute ago, JHbowhunter said:

I have seen it with brownings in particular, and wildgame innovatinos, and stealthcams  

I have Wildgame and Moultrie

Thanks for the advice on the sd cards. I label my cards so I don't get them mixed up between cameras. I'll try a reformat the next time I go out. Also, I noticed a little water inside the card slot. I imagine that would cause problems. Batteries were dry though.

I don't expect to actually see either buck during the season. It is encouraging to know there are some decent ones on public land. I won't hesitate to shoot if either one walks up though!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Not sure if the same but wild games have an internal watch type battery that if bad will eat through batteries if not covered may be worth a look