Buck154

Lots of Fishing...little sleep

Got up 4:30am Friday morning to go fluking on my boat with one of my uncles and Zipper(from the site). Start the morning off bad when I back down the ramp and the cable on the electric winch would not come out. Took close to a hour in the parking lot to take the cover off straighten it out, cable came off the spool and Jameson the side. Finally got it in the water and out fishing. Could only fish till just past noon time cause I was going shark fishing  on a friends boat at 3pm into the night. Got home around 1am and had to back at another friends boat at 5am to fish the FSOS tournament. Only got 1.5 hour sleep. Long days and back to work at 5am Sunday. 

• Like 7
  • Winner 4

Rough for sure. Sometimes takes fun out of it when you exhaust yourself....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Friday we got 3 keepers to 21", a chub mackerel and a coupls small blues

20190809_133622.jpg

• Like 9

Mike with his first fluke on his new Harrier rod and Lexa reel. Small but he wanted to break it in. He has big  plans for it next year in Nantucket.

Had some super readings which I think may have been trigger fish. Caught a few small seabass there but could not be all seabass or it would have been crazy

20190809_074008.jpg

20190809_095008.jpg

• Like 6

Sharking Friday was good. We caught 18 browns/sandbars and 2 rays. Biggest shark was about 80 lbs. The one butterfly ray was big with about 6' wing span.

20190809_200355.jpg

20190809_175727.jpg

Screenshot_20190811-222351.jpg

Screenshot_20190811-222607.png

Screenshot_20190811-222433.png

• Like 6

Day of the tournament we had 8 keepers to 6.5 lbs. 5th and 6th place in the tournament was 6.6 lbs, last pay out was 6th place. Oh well. 

My buddy caught a 4ft Ribbon fish on a jig. They have some set of teeth

Screenshot_20190811-213623.png

20190810_115825.jpg

20190810_100549.jpg

20190810_083403.jpg

• Like 8

Buck, you're an animal! Great meeting your Uncle and you run a good boat buddy! Next time we'll put something in the box on the Whaler!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Zipper said:

Buck, you're an animal! Great meeting your Uncle and you run a good boat buddy! Next time we'll put something in the box on the Whaler!

a 1/2 day fishing with John is 12 hours - and he is not joking!    lol..       (because there are 24 hours a day)

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, nmc02 said:

Rough for sure. Sometimes takes fun out of it when you exhaust yourself....

Yeah i know but I want to do it all. Wouldn't have been to bad but my buddy decided on Thursday to call me and see if I wanted to fish the FSOS tournament.  Had to say Hell yeah.  We have fished our entire life together since our our dad's were best friends and did a lot of fishing . We have won that tourament before and a few other places on his boat.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

a 1/2 day fishing with John is 12 hours - and he is not joking!    lol..       (because there are 24 hours a day)

I was only getting started when i had to get back in so early. Was only a 1/4 day but I made up for it shark fishing till 10:45pm that night

• Haha 1

John=BEAST MODE/Fishing 24/7. 

Nice Johnboy! 

• Like 2