Lunatic

A couple of shots from North Carolina

Posted (edited)

Nice state. Contrast to NJ is incredible. Nice clean, well maintain highways, great FREE state parks, well designed and maintained boat ramps with big parking lots and yes free. Beautiful beaches and yes they are free. The list goes on.
The first sign of New Jersey was a sign at the bridge crossing to NJ" Click it or ticket". How did we get to this point? Need to get out!

IMG_3352___2.jpg

IMG_3426___2.jpg

IMG_3671___2.jpg

IMG_3766___2.jpg

IMG_3782____2.jpg

IMG_3815___2.jpg

IMG_3876___2.jpg

IMG_3908_2.jpg

Edited by Lunatic
  • Like 10

Always awesome to see them pelicans dive from the air to feed!  Great pics as always.  And yes, North Carolina is a whole different world compared to this shithole called NJ

Are you going to do any fishing down there?  Or do you see anyone fishing and catching anything?

Posted (edited)

I just back myself last night. I had to help my brother move back  to NJ(don't ask). I was only there for a day in Raleigh. I didn't get to see much, but the little I saw was nice. Everything was cleaner and well maintained. That is funny, I mentioned the same thing  to my cousin as we were driving about the "click it or ticket" sign.

Great pics!

Edited by 3Blade
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Are you going to do any fishing down there?  Or do you see anyone fishing and catching anything?

Fished two evenings and the tide was low caught several small Crocker’s. Few more people were fishing not getting anything different but also some lemon sharks 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 3Blade said:

I just back myself last night. I had to help my brother move back  to NJ(don't ask). I was only there for a day in Raleigh. I didn't get to see much, but the little I saw was nice. Everything was cleaner and well maintained. That is funny, I mentioned the same thing  to my cousin as we were driving about the "click it or ticket" sign.

Great pics!

We  are basically welcoming people with threats and then they cross over to falling apart bridges, uncut weeds on the side of the road and fees for just about anything. 

How do they do it? Our local communities cry they need the money to maintain the beaches yet they take in several times more than they need. In NC beaches are spotless, lifeguards are on  duty and you don’t pay one single penny. 

Thanks guys

maybe I didn’t know where to look but there wasn’t as much coastal wildlife we have in NJ. Despite hiking some coastal parks I saw only 1 oyster catcher, a couple of willets and even fewer senderlings. No shortage of pelicans 

Edited by Lunatic

If/when I move, I'm going to first look to North Carolina and try to convince the wife it's where we want to be. Wife wants to move south somewhere without snow, but I'm not going to live in that Florida heat. Carolinas seems to be the place to be. My uncle has lived in NC for a while now, always liked it going to visit (unfortunately, he's moving back to NJ this month - don't ask either :-)

Having a house with large acreage for hunting within short distance from the beach is what I would look for.    

Now if you go to Maine you can have large acreage on the beach for a reasonable price.  Down there you would have to be well inland.  My wife said I am welcome to go to Maine if I want.;)

31 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

If/when I move, I'm going to first look to North Carolina and try to convince the wife it's where we want to be. Wife wants to move south somewhere without snow, but I'm not going to live in that Florida heat. Carolinas seems to be the place to be. My uncle has lived in NC for a while now, always liked it going to visit (unfortunately, he's moving back to NJ this month - don't ask either :-)

Not much snow in NC. When my friend moved there, some 15 years ago, they did have a little snow event and he was the only one in the entire neighborhood with a snow shovel. NC is nice 

Just now, Lunatic said:

Not much snow in NC. When my friend moved there, some 15 years ago, they did have a little snow event and he was the only one in the entire neighborhood with a snow shovel. NC is nice 

I would say just enough snow.  Nice to have once in while.

• Agree 1

Everyplace is cleaner and better than this dump.  

Great pics!