gaberdeen

Going to make the leap to crossbow. what does everyone recommend? UPDATE: What I bought added!

Have an excalibur matrix 380 in excellent condition with extras if interested..pm me

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Excalibur !!

Simple Medieval recurve technology has worked reliably for hundreds of years

Don't have to shoot a bolt to discharge it....simply de-cock it w cocking string and no worry bout throwing cams off timing

Change your string on your own and no trips to the bow shop

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

I paid more when my Barnett Vengeance Reverse Draw X-Bow was new, however, here it is with for $650, with free shipping.

It will be hard to beat at that, or any other price.

It comes with an illuminated scope that I did not care for.  Good optics are expensive.  Add in some electronics and you're talking even more.

I promptly purchased a Nikon, like this one for $139.95

Seeing that the x-bow has come in under budget, perhaps, you could spend a little on Zeiss Optics, which should be much better in low light.  Here it is for $299.99.  Disclaimer: I have never seen this scope in person and I am just name brand shopping at this point.

Also, don't forget, some of these x-bows are not fun to cock.  The Barnett uses a tool/string which isn't bad.  However, I would be concerned if you have back problems.  You might want to try before you buy.

Good Luck.

• Agree 1

I have only shot my Parker F4 Tornado ever for 7 years so i can't say what is good or not. It still shoots good and have killed my share with it since I had to go to it cause of bad shoulder surgery. Look like a lot of people like the Ten Point. Good info here from the reviews  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tuck said:

Does anyone know if it ready to shoot out of the box??  Any set up involved?  Looks like a sweet deal.

It usually requires the foot stirrup be attached. That's it. You can contact Ten Point directly. I bought three of their bows and that's all that was needed. 

Update. Thanks for everyone’s replies. See my original post for what I ended up with. Good hunting this fall to everyone!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gaberdeen said:

Update. Thanks for everyone’s replies. See my original post for what I ended up with. Good hunting this fall to everyone!

Nice, good luck with it and have fun :up:

5 hours ago, gaberdeen said:

Congratulations!

Get some,scorpion venom and rail snot.

http://www.a1archery.com/blog/blogpost.asp?id=1162&title=how-to-lubricate-the-rail-and-wax-the-string-on-a-crossbow-crossbow-tech-tip