IGNORED

The Delaware Oscar

nb6624

Always best to kill the exotics. As for the rainbows, I’ve always been amazed at how far down the Delaware they can be found in summer, but it has to be where cool tributaries or cold ground water seeps enter the big river.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You never know what you might catch. There are monster fish of many species. The Delaware River is an amazing fishery with much of it going unfished. It is a shame people use it to "free" their pets without a clue to the consequence.

So true. We have big: walleye, striped bass, smallmouth, muskies, shad, catfish, brown and rainbow trout, etc. all in the same river. I floated 8 miles last Sunday and we were the only anglers on the river. Plenty of pleasure boats but not fishing boats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

growing up buddy had a huge fresh and saltwater set up. By far the most aggressive fish were the black Oscars. They would eat anything,chop meat, night crawlers and gold fish by the dozens. Their eye sight was amazing, they could see the bag of goldfish from across the room. the more they were fed the bigger they got. It got too expensive to keep them. Sold them to the pet shop owner.