IGNORED

Ocean Explorer fluking tomorrow!!

Bonefreak

On 8/4/2019 at 4:07 PM, Ringtail said:

Great group of guys!! Wish keeper action was better but a fun day nonetheless 

99289466-D50C-4A1C-8289-EF0070592D9A.jpeg

Thanks for a fun trip!!  Our crew of 20+ guys had a blast!  Wish the fish cooperated!

The boats crew was on point.....genuinely helpful, and it was obvious they enjoyed working on the boat. Very quick to give a hand w tangles, fish, etc....and always asking if anyone needed anything!  I was pleasantly surprised w how nice the crew was!  Especially our very own Ringtail!!  An  absolute pleasure to chat with bout all kinds of huntin n fishin!!

31 minutes ago, Buck154 said:

Yeah maybe but there was probably every color fished then so I doubt it was a color thing.

Zipper had the hot color poison tail- the hot pink one. Then it cut cut off while he was battling that 20# fluke. I probably did best on pink overall as well. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

3 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Only color he saw after that was RED

Don’t know how he composed himself, a better man than I. If I asked for room as he did and she didn’t oblige I definitely would have hip checked her for the room I needed. 

AWM

54 minutes ago, Buck154 said:

Yeah maybe but there was probably every color fished then so I doubt it was a color thing.

Those fluke have seen all those origional 7 colors a zillion times .

need one of the new 13 colors .

blue fuse and mackerel have been hot  . 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

15 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Those fluke have seen all those origional 7 colors a zillion times .

need one of the new 13 colors .

blue fuse and mackerel have been hot  . 

i caught several keepers on blue fuse, and several on fire tiger.   I also had another new color - cajun chicken, and that was the best by far of the three.   I could not get mackerel, it was not available.   Pink shine and white glow worked well too - nothing wrong with those colors. I caught a lot of cookie-cutter 4.5 to 5# fish, but the biggest I got was maybe 5.5 and that one hit the 8 ounce bucktail dressed with nothing but shad strip, fluke belly and squid.  

I shot a big 10pt once….

Just now, JHbowhunter said:

i caught several keepers on blue fuse, and several on fire tiger.   I also had another new color - cajun chicken, and that was the best by far of the three.   I could not get mackerel, it was not available.   Pink shine and white glow worked well too - nothing wrong with those colors. I caught a lot of cookie-cutter 4.5 to 5# fish, but the biggest I got was maybe 5.5 and that one hit the 8 ounce bucktail dressed with nothing but shad strip, fluke belly and squid.  

10 pound plus fish were waiting for that lonely mackerel gulp all day.:happywave:

for record all the colors were available at any bait shop that wanted to carry them 2 weeks ago.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

31 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

10 pound plus fish were waiting for that lonely mackerel gulp all day.:happywave:

for record all the colors were available at any bait shop that wanted to carry them 2 weeks ago.

I ordered them for the trip from the dreaded Dick's, 3 weeks ago.  Damn if only I had mackerel color, would have broken 10#!  lol...   It's a solid fishery up there, and of course with the right days and probably some precise numbers and probably going on a small charter 6-pack that is more mobile and less lines in the water your odds of getting one or more double-digit fluke dramatically increase.     I think the Helen-H fleet has a good track record of putting people on the "meat" but watched a lot of really good fisherman work their ass off and probably the worst fishermen on the boat got the only 10# fish - go figure! lol

I shot a big 10pt once….

32 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

I ordered them for the trip from the dreaded Dick's, 3 weeks ago.  Damn if only I had mackerel color, would have broken 10#!  lol...   It's a solid fishery up there, and of course with the right days and probably some precise numbers and probably going on a small charter 6-pack that is more mobile and less lines in the water your odds of getting one or more double-digit fluke dramatically increase.     I think the Helen-H fleet has a good track record of putting people on the "meat" but watched a lot of really good fisherman work their ass off and probably the worst fishermen on the boat got the only 10# fish - go figure! lol

Remember the last 10 pounds you saw caught last year ?

she was reeling the spinnng reel upside down

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

11 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

Different guys had most of the new colors. The only 10#er was on nuclear chicken