IGNORED

Maiden voyage

hammer4reel

17 minutes ago, mightyhunter said:

So how fast does 600hp get you or do you need more hours on them before you can open it up?

As the motors break in the the RPM will increase by 200 to 400 RPM over what they are now.

Looking to get 5800 to 6100 RPM at finished break in.

Props that Yamaha selected are giving me great numbers to 5200 , so may need to go down a little in pitch to hit the preferred zone.

Boat will do 58 to 62 at that point.

Right now its running right about 55

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

2 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

As the motors break in the the RPM will increase by 200 to 400 RPM over what they are now.

Props that Yamaha selected are giving me great numbers to 5200 , so may need to go down a little in pitch to hit the preferred zone.

Damn!

That's fast :up:

2 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

I had a Mako 23,351 Windsor when I was a Ute.That cathedral hull really held up when it was in the water lol.Suzuki never made a damn thing good,had motorcycles, what about that little truck lol.You done good with the Yami's Congratulations! How many gals per hr?Dan is that Knots?You'll be doing 70,hitting the West Bank in under 2 hrs,yellow fin here I come...

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

11 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

I had a Mako 23,351 Windsor when I was a Ute.That cathedral hull really held up when it was in the water lol.Suzuki never made a damn thing good,had motorcycles, what about that little truck lol.You done good with the Yami's Congratulations! How many gals per hr?Dan is that Knots?You'll be doing 70,hitting the West Bank in under 2 hrs,yellow fin here I come...

No its MPH. the Yami gauges read it that way to show the MPG / GPH

Burn right now is right at 1.5 cruise .

and 1.2 at 5200.

It should break in at 1.6- 1.7 

and 1.2 at 5800.

but only time will tell.

I may get  a little less as I like to run some tab to keep the bow slicing through the water

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

3 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

No its MPH. the Yami gauges read it that way to show the MPG / GPH

Burn right now is right at 1.5 cruise .

and 1.2 at 5200.

It should break in at 1.6- 1.7 

and 1.2 at 5800.

but only time will tell.

I may get  a little less as I like to run some tab to keep the bow slicing through the water

My friends Mako 26 with mercs is 2.2 your at what 29?that's awesome.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

24 minutes ago, rgw said:

Awesome Dan, you had a great first trip and the motors looked great. We got on a lot of fluke but only boxed one @21". A lot of 17.75" fish

I looked for you to show you were we were, but then headed in early to beat the extreme tide

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

1 minute ago, hammer4reel said:

I looked for you to show you were we were, but then headed in early to beat the extreme tide

Our best bite was right on the edge where you said. Just couldn't get keepers to chew. We should of left the bunker schools 4miles east of you sooner but the boy was having fun on them.we didn't move in till after 12

2 minutes ago, rgw said:

Our best bite was right on the edge where you said. Just couldn't get keepers to chew. We should of left the bunker schools 4miles east of you sooner but the boy was having fun on them.we didn't move in till after 12

we ran around till right before 12, hit the end of the reef where we had started , and had the limit by 1215.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

Man.. I will have to look u up when I want to go..

Do you charter? Prices?

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford