IGNORED

What do you spend on a new bow setup?

Sticks n' Stones2

My current rig is a crossbow. An Excalibur Micro335. I got it barely used for 425 shipped. I bought a string from 60X and a stringer and arrows from Wyvern Creations (whom I cannot recommend highly enough). So I’m 550 in to it. 

If I buy another bow, it will be a longbow. I want one bow in particular, a Great Northern “L’il Creep” Michigan Special in 45ish lbs. I would have to stumble on a sweet deal as it would be a toy I occasionally hunted. So I’m not too hopeful. 

If Two Tracks did the “Ogemaw” in all green I would be tempted. Thankfully they do not. 

So for the moment, I have my crossbow and I’m fine with it. 

I used to be "Topher"

Close to $2k on my Hoyt Carbon Spyder setup. That being said, I expect that it will last me the rest of my hunting days unless I have to downgrade #s or switch to crossbow due to injury or old age. If you buy a quality bow and take care of it, it should last a long time. Also, quality bows can be had for much less than $2k.

I have 2 hand me down recurves from my uncle. A Kodiak Magnum and a Grizzly. Both 45lbs.

I didn’t spend anything on the bows but I am always spending money on arrows, heads, inserts, quivers, etc... I am looking at purchasing a longbow to give it a try also. I was at Lancaster Archery last week and was looking at a Galaxy longbow in the $200 range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm your Huckleberry :devious:

My Ritual 33 was $999

CBE $150

Arrows - 180 dozen FMJ's

G5 Quiver $50

wrist sling $50

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford