IGNORED

Looking into changing insurance companies (vehicles)

LPJR

7 minutes ago, CJ3a said:

How is geigo after a accident or ticket?  Don’t have any but will be looking for a lower rate soon. 

I called the body shop near me I know the owner, he said geico is no different then most insurance firms....

Had geico for a long time now.  Last company was raising my rate by 17% a year, every year.  I saved thousands when I switched with 4 vehicles.  Switched my homeowners too, and cut cost in half.  Had a few claims, and they were great to deal with on every one.  My rate went down this year from last year,  and don't recall it ever jumping up even after a claim. Only thing I didn't like is when they added an extended service plan on the back side of the declaration page of my policy when I bought a new car, without being asked if I wanted it.

NJM isn't cheap anymore. Gieco is a huge company now. It's owned by Berkshire Hathaway and Warren Buffet. I'm looking into switching and starting to shop around

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

5 hours ago, nmc02 said:

You get what you pay for....geico customer service is horrible 

What happened?  

I hit a deer on the way to work one morning, called geico from work, they set me up to get it accessed at a place on my way home, and had a check in 3 days for $800 more than it cost me to buy the parts to do it myself.

Somebody broke into my shed and took my camping/backpacking equipment along with boyscout equipment.  I gave them a list of everything that was stolen and the new cost of each item.   They sent me a check for hundreds more than what I asked for. 

My daughter had an accident that was her fault, slid on ice on a bend into the left lane, and geico handled everything including legal matters.  She got her own policy with geico after that with no issues and at a good rate, much better rate than other insurers.  And my policy never went up, or subsidized for any of the claims.

We've used State farm for the past 16 years..  Auto and renters...then Auto and Homeowners.  The coverage is excellent and the rates are comparable to All State or any of the other large providers. My wife's mother is an insurance agent in another state,  but she always advised to stick to State Farm or All State.  

Auto Insurance companies are not a one size fits all.  There are way too many variables used to create a rate .  They all have their own cockamamie rating system.  We just have to find which one works to your advantage.

Edited by Gunsmoke