Septicdude

Joined a new group of people today.

wow man - that's long enough fall for anyone to get paralyzed or worse.   Now imagine 20-25' from a treestand...

Glad you are ok

This is how people end up paralyzed or worse, without a doubt. Thank goodness it was not worse. Lots of us including me have been there. At the time it happens, it is like....really??

Little things taken for granted absolutely could hurt you. 

• Agree 1

My friend fell off the lower part of his garage roof last year and broke his shoulder a few days before bow season. 

3 hours ago, cantw82start said:

Count yourself lucky, 10-12 feet is quite a fall,

It really is quite a distance to fall. Seems like nothing but gravity has few allies in a fall. 

Glad your ok. I fell off the top of a ladder and broke my back about 3 years ago. Two surgeries later and some titanium jewelry and I’m still hurting every day but I try not to let it slow me down to much. I fired my pain doctor because he just felt the need to shove me on high doses of pain meds that helped the pain but made me feel like shit..

65E631B3-2984-4C51-9EA9-F2E183B94444.png

There was a guy in my town a few years fell off of his roof while cleaning his gutters and he was found dead by his young son. 

Yea I will say u was very lucky, woke up this morning oh boy does everything hurt today.  Reality setting in on me I cant put the body threw hell and expect to bounce back next day lol.  Still as sore as u am I'm thankful it's not worse like some of the others here.

A friend of mine's 80 year old father fell from a roof a couple weeks ago, been in the hospital ever since. 9 broken ribs and shattered spleen. He keeps having set backs with his heart and lungs filling up with fluid. What an 80 year old was doing on a roof, I don't know.

Glad you are OK. What are you doing on the roof so much?

Glad you are ok. It's crazy how your mind has all these plans to catch yourself as you are falling as if you are the hulk, meanwhile nothing stops you except the ground.

I spent my whole life on ladders, scaffolds, roofs, and treestands..
Went to cut a branch from my garage roof (8ft to the gutter) but I was lazy and used a 5ft step ladder and climbed up fine..
The branch fell and knocked the ladder off balance and I was solo so just figured I'd grab the edge of the roof and hop down to the ladder..(In my 30s and pushing 300lbs, my mind said I could and my body disagreed)
Ladder buckled and Down I went.. landed on my feet but my arm bent back too far trying to hold on.. ended up in pain for months, thankfully I was able to draw my bow that fall.
Never again. I went and bought myself a small ext ladder for that roof section.

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com