IGNORED

Rhode Island Fluke

bucky

Four of us jumped on the Limited 12 hour Fluke trip out of Point Judith, fishing was tough but we stayed with it and managed 14 keepers to 7 lbs, plenty of sea bass to 5 lbs,big skates and plenty of big dog fish which is a major problem up there this year. The bigger fish seem to be hanging around the dogfish but the doggies are getting to the baits first created mayhem for the mates at that point the captain would move the boat out of the drift:down:

RI2019.jpeg.c200dcefc71da7c09ca6202b8290273f.jpeg

Edited by bucky

9 hours ago, SPEARFISH said:

Nice.  What did the pool fish weigh?

Three 7 pounders tied for the pool, 2 of the guys were with me:up:

5 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

Was it mainly tough because of the dogs, or just not good conditions wind/tide wise?

I talk to the captain and it appears the fluke fishing up there has been slowing down the last few years. The dogfish invasion they are having up there this year add a lazy tide and no wind made it for rough fishing condition. Did I forget to  mention the swarm of black flies that decided they were hungry ? With no wind they zeroed in on us with an all out attack on the ankles, bug spray didn't work at all, flattened my hat out by the end of the day :grrr::grrr::grrr: Otherwise it was a nice day on the water:up:

Edited by bucky