IGNORED

Delaware River Conditions?

Mallard1100

You might want to download one of the free apps for the USGS flow gauges on all major rivers.  That way you have all you need at a quick glance.  I use RiverData for my Iphone and store dozens of river gauges in my favorites and can access all others in seconds.  

With large river systems like the Delaware, I have gauges saved for above the NY City reservoirs, just below the reservoirs, and down along the mainstem of the Delaware all the way past Montaque so I can see where flows are going (up or down), and you quickly learn to understand flows and when things may be good or bad for fishing.  The gauges show you median flows for today's date which better helps understand what is a normal flow and what is high or low flows for a specific USGS gauge.  

Yeah my USGS gauge reading at Water Gap shows perfect levels!    Lower than at any point during entire shad run.   Looks to be right about what I would consider "normal" meaning not high, not low.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

2 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

When I went over it last night it looked ok .

Was weird to see it look so good. .passed over that Raritan hour earlier and that was crazy high and muddy

The upper watershed in NY didn't get nearly the rains we did over the last 2 storm events.  Local rivers are or were blown out for a day or two, but not the Delaware.  I'll be up on the West Branch tomorrow poking around for big browns on dry flies.  Flows are perfect for wading or drifting.  

10 hours ago, Mallard1100 said:

Anyone local know how the conditions are looking? Heading to the gap Saturday to hit the swift water for smallies. I would assume it’s up some from this rain, but hopefully clears up the next few days 

I was planning on doing the same thing, but camping for a night or two (3 hour drive to Worthington for me) and fishing/hiking for a few days. Also wanted to hit the Flatbrook  in a few spots. Are there trout up there all year long, or is the trout fishing done in the summer like it is around here?

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.