Lunatic

Keep shopping around to keep them honest

I was with NJM for my car insurance since 1999. Optimum for my TV, Net and phone for at least 15 years. All these threads about alternative services  made me look around for better deal.
I switched from NJM to Progressive, saving $2,000/year on 3 cars. Then I looked at my cable bill, which BTW was higher than my wife's car payment. I don't like verizon but I ended up with Fios and with the two year deal I am saving $93/month. We will see what happens after 2 years. Total savings at $259/month or $3,116 for the year.
Keep shopping there are better deals out there.

• Like 3

Just make sure with your auto insurance that you are comparing apples to apples.  Often, to get a lower rate, you give up significant coverage.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

Just make sure with your auto insurance that you are comparing apples to apples.  Often, to get a lower rate, you give up significant coverage.  

I did and I ended up with a better coverage. I went from$200 deduct to $0. here is what happened to my NJM insurance, which is a good company. Both of my kids started driving within one year of each other. My insurance for two new drivers with two additional cars went over $5K, I have been paying this for 9 years now. So I emailled them several times to see why I am still paying this high rate but I was not getting any response. I just moved on.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I did and I ended up with a better coverage. I went from$200 deduct to $0. here is what happened to my NJM insurance, which is a good company. Both of my kids started driving within one year of each other. My insurance for two new drivers with two additional cars went over $5K, I have been paying this for 9 years now. So I emailled them several times to see why I am still paying this high rate but I was not getting any response. I just moved on.

It used to be NJM was a great insurance company and everyone that had it agreed.  But at some point, things changed because I keep hearing from people like you that are making the switch and NJM is no longer inexpensive.  We are lucky in that we have USAA.  For my wife, 19 year old daughter and I and 3 cars, we pay $2,600/year is all.  But no tickets or accidents helps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bucksnbows said:

It used to be NJM was a great insurance company and everyone that had it agreed.  But at some point, things changed because I keep hearing from people like you that are making the switch and NJM is no longer inexpensive.  We are lucky in that we have USAA.  For my wife, 19 year old daughter and I and 3 cars, we pay $2,600/year is all.  But no tickets or accidents helps.

I’m 3200 for 3 cars and 4 drivers. 

• Like 1

Yeah its worth the jumping around to save some money 

I had NJM for over 25 years before I switch to GEICO and saved $$$$$$.

NJM isn't that great anymore. I saved a few thousand dollars switching to CSAA