Jump to content
Lunatic

Keep shopping around to keep them honest

Recommended Posts

I was with NJM for my car insurance since 1999. Optimum for my TV, Net and phone for at least 15 years. All these threads about alternative services  made me look around for better deal.
I switched from NJM to Progressive, saving $2,000/year on 3 cars. Then I looked at my cable bill, which BTW was higher than my wife's car payment. I don't like verizon but I ended up with Fios and with the two year deal I am saving $93/month. We will see what happens after 2 years. Total savings at $259/month or $3,116 for the year.
Keep shopping there are better deals out there.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just make sure with your auto insurance that you are comparing apples to apples.  Often, to get a lower rate, you give up significant coverage.  

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

Just make sure with your auto insurance that you are comparing apples to apples.  Often, to get a lower rate, you give up significant coverage.  

I did and I ended up with a better coverage. I went from$200 deduct to $0. here is what happened to my NJM insurance, which is a good company. Both of my kids started driving within one year of each other. My insurance for two new drivers with two additional cars went over $5K, I have been paying this for 9 years now. So I emailled them several times to see why I am still paying this high rate but I was not getting any response. I just moved on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I did and I ended up with a better coverage. I went from$200 deduct to $0. here is what happened to my NJM insurance, which is a good company. Both of my kids started driving within one year of each other. My insurance for two new drivers with two additional cars went over $5K, I have been paying this for 9 years now. So I emailled them several times to see why I am still paying this high rate but I was not getting any response. I just moved on.

It used to be NJM was a great insurance company and everyone that had it agreed.  But at some point, things changed because I keep hearing from people like you that are making the switch and NJM is no longer inexpensive.  We are lucky in that we have USAA.  For my wife, 19 year old daughter and I and 3 cars, we pay $2,600/year is all.  But no tickets or accidents helps.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bucksnbows said:

It used to be NJM was a great insurance company and everyone that had it agreed.  But at some point, things changed because I keep hearing from people like you that are making the switch and NJM is no longer inexpensive.  We are lucky in that we have USAA.  For my wife, 19 year old daughter and I and 3 cars, we pay $2,600/year is all.  But no tickets or accidents helps.

I’m 3200 for 3 cars and 4 drivers. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah its worth the jumping around to save some money 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had NJM for over 25 years before I switch to GEICO and saved $$$$$$.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NJM isn't that great anymore. I saved a few thousand dollars switching to CSAA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...