JHbowhunter

Guatemala fishing - recommendations?

If you want to catch a lot of billfish it is the place to go.  Pacific sails are much bigger than the ones in Florida.  Sometimes they catch 40 or more per day.

Grenada is being seriously examined currently.    Fraction of the cost of the Central American [email protected].  Excellent fishing in Feb/March and good weather much warmer than Florida. (mid 80s) 

• Winner 1

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 7:26 AM, nmc02 said:

You may want to consider Grenada. A guy I tuna fish w here in NJ, fishes Grenada in winter. He is a serious fisherman and rants & raves about Grenada. Take a look...

https://exilecharters.com/whygrenada/

Reaching out - thanks Nick. 

On 7/23/2019 at 2:01 PM, MGHunter66 said:

Well if you’re looking at September, have you entertained the thought of some river Salmon Fishing? Fight of a lifetime, $600 for a week in a cottage overlooking the river and a simple steak dinner will buy you guidance from a guy that will Guarantee you hook up. :hippie: just sayin’ LOL December could get you some of theseF25DA443-9B31-4D11-95A6-495C30912C87.thumb.jpeg.3e2a6455fd62c8fdb598342d1ced71da.jpeg

I would teach you how to fluke to go learn and catch some of those lol

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

I would teach you how to fluke to go learn and catch some of those lol

Anytime, but beware.... it’s addicting. 

1 hour ago, MGHunter66 said:

Anytime, but beware.... it’s addicting. 

any fish that fights is LOL

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

any fish that fights is LOL

Seriously though, i go last week in October or 1st week in November because you get a mix of browns, steelies and two species of salmon,most don’t go then because of the rut here. But if it is steelhead you want to target Nov, Dec, and Jan are all good dependent on water levels. Take a late season trip with me and OMC and you can learn to get em on fly gear or centerpin. 

• Like 1

Not sure if you know who Dave McKenna is in the fishing world. But he’s linked up in Honduras for tarpon and permit fly fishing. He’s a big fly there and many people in the flyfishing world know him, he used to work at tight lines and then went on to be a rep for Douglas rods, guided at the DSR, & now set up a new business down in Guanaja. I’ve never looked into the prices or anything, but you can check out fly fishing guanaja on fb I think there’s info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1