I have a question for you guys that use any other ozone generator on your clothing on a regular basis. Have you noticed that your clothing deteriorating any faster than before you used it?

David

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yoda4x4 said:

I have a question for you guys that use any other ozone generator on your clothing on a regular basis. Have you noticed that your clothing deteriorating any faster than before you used it?

David

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

100%....ruins anything rubber (i.e. base layer waist band, rubber boots, etc)

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

19 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

Thats what scares me. What will it do to your lungs?

I have enough crap to carry so i never tried it

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Lunatic said:

That was the biggest joke, and yes I got sucked in as well. The only consolation  was that the clothing was well made and I still have some of it. How this company gets away with what they claim this product does I will never understand.

When was it proven ScentLok was a scam? Have heard this a couple times now.

All those wasted times in the dryer to "reactivate" the carbon. :bonk:

• Like 1

Ozone definitely kills orders.  But outside?  I doubt it does much.  You have to put it over your head and then move it around as the wind shifts so it's going into your "scent stream"?  Come on....and it's a lot of additional movement.  

Also, Ozone is very damaging to your lungs so be careful if you decide to use it in a blind.  

I don't use it.   I see deer "downwind" of me all the time that don't get spooked.  I'm guessing I just misjudged how the wind is moving.  

But, do whatever makes you happy.  I tested one out at Cabelas with my kids.  I farted into it while they were downwind of me.  They smelled my fart.  They didn't appreciate the test.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, dlist777 said:

But, do whatever makes you happy.  I tested one out at Cabelas with my kids.  I farted into it while they were downwind of me.  They smelled my fart.  They didn't appreciate the test.  

Your farts are apparently like kryptonite to ozone - renders it completely useless.

• Agree 1

Have you noticed that your clothing deteriorating any faster than before you used it?

No, since I only use the unit in the field. The new thing is the bags and as scent crusher has experinced using the bag does destroy rubber that is fact. I believe they have advised users about that issue though. 

Ozone is very damaging to your lungs so be careful if you decide to use it in a blind.  

It can be but that means the user has not followed nor learned how to follow instructions and proper use. It is very effective in a blind. 

Come on....and it's a lot of additional movement.  

Only if your moving it as a deer is coming in. The same as hunters get caught peeing, streching or looking around. Plus only move it if the wind shifts on you several. So this point is no relevant imo. 

What will it do to your lungs?

Nothing if used properly. Been using it for over 8 years and have had no issues at all. If you do enclose yourself with ozone in general it is true you will start to feel your lips tingling so follow the directions if you purchase a unit. 

Ozone definitely kills orders.  But outside? 

Actually yes, it kills orders outside up to a certain distance. 

SS!

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, kanigie said:

When was it proven ScentLok was a scam? Have heard this a couple times now.

All those wasted times in the dryer to "reactivate" the carbon. :bonk:

It comes down to simple science and there are many publications on the this subject out there. One little fact scentlok can't get around. The charcoal in their clothing is ineffective in very short time and most of the time by the time you put your hands on it. It is a filter with very limited time.  To reactivate it, charcoal needs to be heated up to extremely high temperatures which would incinerate the clothing and even you in it. Putting it in your dryer is a joke. The bottom line is you can not reactivate it and because after a short while it is an ineffective filter, you not only not blocking your scent but most likely carry all kinds of scent on your clothing without any way to get rid of.  It becomes a sponge instead of filter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shootstraight said:

Nothing if used properly. Been using it for over 8 years and have had no issues at all. If you do enclose yourself with ozone in general it is true you will start to feel your lips tingling so follow the directions if you purchase a unit. 

SS!

This right there tells me eff it,. Not worth the risk. How many things do you use otherwise that have this immediate negative effect on your body? Sure maybe they are right, follow direction and it will not harm you. How many times did we hear that before? Hunting is a hobby not something you need to do or me successful in. Why risk getting sick when the signs are there that it can make you sick. AT the end it is your choice.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

I carry my bow, a knife and flashlight to my stand. All tucked in my pockets. There is no way I am carrying in an ozonics. I like to be as lightweight as possible.   

I don't see anything out there that has been debunked more than Scentlok clothing. There are still those who swear by it and anything else that comes down the pipe. If they think it helps that's fine. Its their money to do with what they want. I gonna wait for the "Hunter in a bubble suit" with arrow and gun ports. I'm sure someone somewhere is developing just such a thing as the latest and greatest gizmo or gadget to up your odds (and sponsor your show).

I hear more good of the Scent Crusher bag, but now that I read that it destroys the elastic of the skivvies I just don't know....

1 hour ago, _X7 said:

I don't see anything out there that has been debunked more than Scentlok clothing. There are still those who swear by it and anything else that comes down the pipe. If they think it helps that's fine. Its their money to do with what they want. I gonna wait for the "Hunter in a bubble suit" with arrow and gun ports. I'm sure someone somewhere is developing just such a thing as the latest and greatest gizmo or gadget to up your odds (and sponsor your show).

I hear more good of the Scent Crusher bag, but now that I read that it destroys the elastic of the skivvies I just don't know....

I agree with you when it come to “ use if you get some confidence from it”. Most of it is physiological  but even then it’s an advantage. However, sentlok does not work because of indisputable science behind it, or should I say no science telling us it could possibly work. 

10 hours ago, nmc02 said:

So your under britches fall off while hunting???  :lookaround:

• Haha 4

On 7/23/2019 at 7:14 AM, nmc02 said:

If this works so well, why has the manufacturer stopped giving a money back guarantee?? 

You must’ve never seen Tommy Boy 😂😂

• Like 1