IGNORED

Angie's List & Home Advisor ~ Negative Feedback

RPK0620

Figured I would give them a try for an apron I needed at the end of my driveway.  You describe the job under a general heading they provide and leave them your regular & email address and phone number to get back to you.  However what they do is to submit your name and email address to any firm that generalizes in that category of work you put your job description under.

As a result I have been bombarded with phone calls by all sorts of non related businesses from windows & basements, etc and emails from all sorts also.  Plus I have had people showing up without an appointment to give me estimates.

I found a local guy thru a friend but should have posted here also.

STAY AWAY FROM THEM !  MY $.02.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

Yep, they're brutal with their mass distro of your info.  Plus they often take down negative reviews of their contractors because their contractors are paying to be listed with them (and on that distro list for potential jobs).

REALLY hard to find quality contractors, best to go through friends/family who have actually had work done by the contractor (not just friends/family that know them but have never really even seen their work).

4 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

REALLY hard to find quality contractors, best to go through friends/family who have actually had work done by the contractor (not just friends/family that know them but have never really even seen their work).

What Matt said! If not you can always go to your local supply shop wether masonry, carpentry plumbing etc and ask them for a couple of names. Most guys I know including myself don't need to advertise on those shit sites.

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

1 hour ago, 3Blade said:

What Matt said! If not you can always go to your local supply shop wether masonry, carpentry plumbing etc and ask them for a couple of names. Most guys I know including myself don't need to advertise on those shit sites.

I just left a review of your company on Angie's List.  Mentioned that you work in and look hot in drag.  Expect a lot of phone calls...maybe not for masonry work...

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

1 hour ago, 3Blade said:

I've been in business for 25 years and never advertised and I don't even have a website. Word of mouth is the best.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

for sure, we get phone calls from them all the time , they say they only give out 3 company name when people call for a estimate...  we had a friend call and 7 companies showed to give them an estimate,,correct stay away.

I was contacted by AL the day after I started my business years ago. They did not ask for any references, etc. As long as I had money to join I would be approved. I was amazed thinking how could they recommend me as a brand new business owner. They are a scam

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk