IGNORED

Bears

Getting my garbage raided is now becoming a regular thing.  I may have to spring for those $100+ bear-proof garbage cans.  If someone has a link/recommendation, send it my way.

Also, I think biologists need to adjust their population estimates.  I think the birth rate #'s are low based on what I've seen.  Below is a screen shot from last night's raiding party.  Notice the 4 cubs momma has trailing her.  They did a good job trashing the neighborhood last night.  Cubs are in the upper left-hand corner in the light on the photo.  You can just barely make out all four.  Last year momma had three trailing her.

Murphy has created a wildlife problem that is going to escalate into a crisis.  With birth rates high and mortality rates low, we're going to see bears all over the place now.

358961905_ScreenShot2019-07-19at1_04_43PM.thumb.png.4a4b8bb08d12538b164612a48ddedbe7.png

A while later they came back for more.  She is standing, holding my garbage in the timestamp at the top.

2086388338_ScreenShot2019-07-19at1_17_02PM.thumb.png.f726f98a17f02a5e62d33e4fd60569b7.png

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

2 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

I hate you, @JHbowhunter.  Excuse me as I go bleach that image out of my eyes...

I was just trying to help!   Nobody in NJ knows more about bears and bear-proof garbage cans than her.   When you are trying to solve problems it's best to consult with the experts.    

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

1 minute ago, JHbowhunter said:

I was just trying to help!   Nobody in NJ knows more about bears and bear-proof garbage cans than her.   When you are trying to solve problems it's best to consult with the experts.    

You've probably heard this more than once in your life:  Stop trying to help!

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

2 hours ago, Livesintrees said:

The best thing you can do is report it every time you have a problem. If everyone does, it only strengthens the case for the bear hunt as the number of bear related incidents increase 

We used to only send reports to the state when we conditioned them. We don’t do either anymore. Any general call for bears where never reported. Every jurisdiction is different I’m sure. 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈