IGNORED

How to prepare a buck for mounting??

Tuck

With all the awesome taxidermy stuff being posted, I thought I would ask about how to best prepare a buck, after harvesting, for mounting??  Maybe wishful thinking on my part, but just in case, I want to do it right.  Thanks for any info.

53 minutes ago, Livesintrees said:

I usually cut the head off with an axe. Then bring it to Jay. Then when I get it back like 2 years later it’s perfect! Jay has a hide stretcher. He can stretch a spike to fit a Midwest size form. Yup

That's after you drag it across rocks.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

Just now, JerseyJaysTaxidermy said:

Lol that was the post that got me banned on njh. I posted a "how to care for your trophy" and they said I owed them $2000 for advertising emoji23.png

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

Did you pay up? If not I’ll take $1300 and I’ll make your problem disappear. I know some paisans with a pizza parlor. Just saying 

4 minutes ago, JerseyJaysTaxidermy said:

Lol that was the post that got me banned on njh. I posted a "how to care for your trophy" and they said I owed them $2000 for advertising emoji23.png

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

How did that work out for them.:bonk:

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

13 hours ago, Livesintrees said:

I usually cut the head off with an axe. Then bring it to Jay. Then when I get it back like 2 years later it’s perfect! Jay has a hide stretcher. He can stretch a spike to fit a Midwest size form. Yup

:wwp:

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈