IGNORED

NEW GULP saltwater colors

hammer4reel

19 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

a lot of guys are tipping with spearing or sand eels 

I understand, i do as well. But it is a bit misleading for them to taught gulp while tipping with what they said they were biting on in the beginning of the video. Not implying gulp doesn’t work but if they want to taught targeting big fish on gulp, use it alone or admit your tipping it with what they are feeding on

AWM

1 minute ago, MGHunter66 said:

I understand, i do as well. But it is a bit misleading for them to taught gulp while tipping with what they said they were biting on in the beginning of the video. Not implying gulp doesn’t work but if they want to taught targeting big fish on gulp, use it alone or admit your tipping it with what they are feeding on

That's implying they were all doing that ,  and they weren't.

plenty of underwater video to show what the fish were being caught on.

point of the video was to release the new colors to the general public. and try them on an actual fishing trip.

the gulp scent and action is catching the fish not the spearing

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

32 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

That's implying they were all doing that ,  and they weren't.

plenty of underwater video to show what the fish were being caught on.

point of the video was to release the new colors to the general public. and try them on an actual fishing trip.

the gulp scent and action is catching the fish not the spearing

Look at the pic and tell me what you see on the gulp teaser and jig

0A39A543-7793-4A5E-B05E-EB5E8D6FC6F1.jpeg.72b1fbb542071bbe07b7ad4fde1359a1.jpeg

AWM

3 minutes ago, Swamprat said:

Gulp works. For anyone to think it doesn't isn't using it correctly. 

It's been a game changer for some.  

Sure does, best part is taking the bait shop out of the trips equation. On the water before first light

AWM

2 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

Sure does, best part is taking the bait shop out of the trips equation. On the water before first light

That's part of it. I'm still a firm believer in fresh is best but yes , one less stop on my hour ride to the shore is a good thing. Also having bait that won't spoil is a factor as well. 

In 2 weeks I'll be on vacation in LBI. Being minutes from lagoons I will be cast netting bait.  Fresh is best but I always have gulp and fishbites in my bags. 

Max, just fish spearing then . Many guys have it in their head they need the extra scent.

For me I have not had to tip gulp to catch fluke anywhere they can be caught.

IMO its more about the action of the gulp

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

1 minute ago, hammer4reel said:

Max, just fish spearing then . Many guys have it in their head they need the extra scent.

For me I have not had to tip gulp to catch fluke anywhere they can be caught.

IMO its more about the action of the gulp

Dan, you’re missing the point. I am not arguing the fact of using plain gulp is effective.  I use plain gulp on jigs and teasers and sometimes i tip with bait or belly, I let the fish decide.  The point is the video is misleading to those that don’t take a closer look thinking they are ONLY using gulp, nothing more and nothing less. 

AWM

Gulp has been a game changer for sure. Just suck spending a ton $$ on it every year and every seabass, small fluke, sea robin rips the tails off. But the fluke love it. 

As for it being tipped with bait, a lot of people do it and sometime helps and sometimes hurts the action of the gulp. I know that exact boat just recently when they were out the guys did better with the gulp tipped with strip of mackerel. 

21 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

Dan, you’re missing the point. I am not arguing the fact of using plain gulp is effective.  I use plain gulp on jigs and teasers and sometimes i tip with bait or belly, I let the fish decide.  The point is the video is misleading to those that don’t take a closer look thinking they are ONLY using gulp, nothing more and nothing less. 

they didn't hide anywhere in the video that some guys were tipping the baits.

Its right there for you to see.

They just named the products they were fishing with . 

13 new colors of gulp

Revo reels

The new heavy cover flipping hook, 

new x9 line.

they actually showed more new colors there that aren't shown online yet .

misleading would have been tipping WITHOUT it being shown on the video  :happywave:

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING