IGNORED

gimme ideas on how to keep the squirrels off bucket feeder

mazzgolf

Mazzgolf you might consider swapping your rope that you hang your feeder from with some steel cable. I've had squirrels chew through ropes holding feeders before. Some decent ideas posted on this thread. 

Plastic sucks. All animals chew on it. Some of the newer stuff is made with materials that attracts the chewing. Spend the extra money and get metal

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

11 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

Spend the extra money and get metal

I am going to look into that... I need a metal bucket with a solid lid that seats on the bucket tight - anyone know of one? I saw one but it was more of a horse feed bucket where the lid easily can be lifted off. I get a good metal bucket with a chain and I think that would be the end of it.

I sunk money into an American Hunter plastic feeder trying to do what you are trying to do. Bought a metal Moultrie and never had another issue

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

1 hour ago, mazzgolf said:

I am going to look into that... I need a metal bucket with a solid lid that seats on the bucket tight - anyone know of one? I saw one but it was more of a horse feed bucket where the lid easily can be lifted off. I get a good metal bucket with a chain and I think that would be the end of it.

Here Mazz

https://www.bestcontainers.com

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt