IGNORED

Ordered new shoes for the truck

Swamp_Yankee

35 minutes ago, Live to Hunt said:

Jack jack we believe you trust me had to be the tires cause it sure wasn’t the engine that got you through the clay 

that little 2.7 twin-turbo is bad-ass on torque.   Locking rear end certainly helps, as it guarantees 3 wheels are always turning. 

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

1 hour ago, JHbowhunter said:

that little 2.7 twin-turbo is bad-ass on torque.   Locking rear end certainly helps, as it guarantees 3 wheels are always turning. 

I like Fords Jacko. :up:

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

I still have the stock Firestone Transforce AT LT285/60R20’s on my Ram 2500, and they suck. They look great, but blow in snow. I’m glad I have tire chains for them. I could barely stay in the ruts on packed logging roads in NH last winter. I put chains on to avoid getting stuck. I shouldn’t have had to. They work great in chains!

i have about 26K miles on them and may consider changing them out this fall. They cost about $310/tire. 

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

9 minutes ago, gaberdeen said:

Just purchased the second set of  BF Goodrich’s AT KO 2’s for my Ram 1500. My first set lasted 85,000 miles and still have a bit of tread left. Love these tires. 1020$ mounted and balanced at Oxford tire.

I have them also.  Great tires.

The more aggressive a tire is the worse it is in the snow. Guys will swear their mud terrains will dig through snow and pull 'em up a 60% grade but it's all marketing hype. The fact is the only thing that sticks to snow is snow. The way a tire works to provide snow traction is siping. All those little horizontal grooves that go across the tread of a tire open up a little when the tire comes around a close up holding onto snow. A good snow traction tire holds snow , it doesn't shed it or dig through it. 

8 minutes ago, Woodsman416 said:

The more aggressive a tire is the worse it is in the snow. Guys will swear their mud terrains will dig through snow and pull 'em up a 60% grade but it's all marketing hype. The fact is the only thing that sticks to snow is snow. The way a tire works to provide snow traction is siping. All those little horizontal grooves that go across the tread of a tire open up a little when the tire comes around a close up holding onto snow. A good snow traction tire holds snow , it doesn't shed it or dig through it. 

Could not agree more. I would take a good set of all season/all weather tires in snow over aggressive tread mudders any day.  My e-350 benz 4-matic, running General Altimax RT43 high performance tires is way better in snow than my Jeep GC was, because the jeep came with low profile, 20" tires which was a big mistake. (BTW - Highly recommend those Altimax RT43's for anyone that has a car that can take them).  Very limited tire selection and unfortunately Goodyear Fortera's were about the best tire I could find which is what it came with and still not great in snow they were too wide.   I think these Goodyear Wrangler HT's will be very good in snow they are sure good in rain. 

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Would have had them mounted up today but of course FedEx didn't deliver when they said they would :banghead:. Delivery was scheduled for end of day yesterday and then I got a followup email saying end of day today.  Why not just be conservative from the get-go and tack on the extra day?  If they get there early its gravy...

20190718_165435.jpg

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

On 7/16/2019 at 9:44 PM, JHbowhunter said:

Could not agree more. I would take a good set of all season/all weather tires in snow over aggressive tread mudders any day.  My e-350 benz 4-matic, running General Altimax RT43 high performance tires is way better in snow than my Jeep GC was, because the jeep came with low profile, 20" tires which was a big mistake. (BTW - Highly recommend those Altimax RT43's for anyone that has a car that can take them).  Very limited tire selection and unfortunately Goodyear Fortera's were about the best tire I could find which is what it came with and still not great in snow they were too wide.   I think these Goodyear Wrangler HT's will be very good in snow they are sure good in rain. 

Those altimax rt43 tires are one of the best tires on the market.  Perfect for sedans, crossovers and SUVs.  

2 hours ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

Would have had them mounted up today but of course FedEx didn't deliver when they said they would :banghead:. Delivery was scheduled for end of day yesterday and then I got a followup email saying end of day today.  Why not just be conservative from the get-go and tack on the extra day?  If they get there early its gravy...

20190718_165435.jpg

Looks good.  That's a pretty big tire with no lift.  I have an F350 with a 2.5 inch  front leveling kit and my 315/75/16's ,(34.6 diameter),rub just a little at full turn on uneven terrain.  That problem is going to be solved Monday.

IMG_1577.jpg

Edited by Nomad